Italeri 1/48 MV-22 Osprey

Nice build! Aren't that many Osprey builds out there.

Thanks. Yeah I've seen maybe two others out there. The funny thing is that the decal set that I got from Flying Leathernecks is sold out. So someone out there is building them, just not showing them.

Hey I saw this one in person! Model Mania was the first convention I've been to and I gotta say I'm hooked. The entries were all incredible, as was yours. Don't feel bad about not winning either. I heard the judges as they were walking around and one of my models would be out in the blink of an eye. This convention made me interested in 1/72 as well. I'm not sure if you checked out the other entries, but the 1/72 section was really impressive; the Hawker Typhoon especially. Again, great convention, great model. :thumbsup:

Hey I saw this one in person! Model Mania was the first convention I've been to and I gotta say I'm hooked. The entries were all incredible, as was yours. Don't feel bad about not winning either. I heard the judges as they were walking around and one of my models would be out in the blink of an eye. This convention made me interested in 1/72 as well. I'm not sure if you checked out the other entries, but the 1/72 section was really impressive; the Hawker Typhoon especially. Again, great convention, great model. :thumbsup:

Hey thanks! This is my third model show but my first entry. There were a lot of 1/72 aircraft. It was really cool. The thing I noticed is that there were only a couple of 1/48 scale jets. Kinda surprised me. The judges were pretty strict. I watched them a couple of times down to eye level with the models using little flashlights. I'm not really into 1/72 scale as it's to small for my tastes. Still some nice kits in that scale though. So which ones were yours? I have a lot of pics from the show. Again thanks for checking my kit out.

• 2 months later...

Nice Osprey! I have the1:48 Testors MV-22 and am building it as Prototype #4 in BFWS configuration. Had to reposition 4 of the rotor blades and build wingbox and fuselage structure to hold wing and nacelles. Added weight to front fuselage to compensate for H-tail.

Dane