Scratchbuilding for 56 years

Hi Guys...This year I count 56 years of making "Solid Wood Models", mostly with Mahogany and other hard woods plus the venerable Bamboo....

For the last four or five years I am making about three per year, from around 8 a few years ago, I am usually working on two or three at a time so I will never get

bored with one subject, I jump from one to another until they are all finished. I do "scale models" in 1:48 and 1:32 and "Representatives" (I call them that) in 1:72 scale..here are a few of those.

BOLO1.jpg

FINITO77.jpg

RO-1

RO-1-PICS552006.jpg

Ro1_8avioncito.jpg

C-46

alitalia-1.jpg

Piaggio 32...Like many others done from only photos and some drawings (???) :)

FINI31.jpg

SM-81

finito2.jpg

SM-85

REGIA-1.jpg

Dewoitine....

FINITOescadrille.jpg

Presently in hangar...

Fiat CR-20 Hidro

conjunto01.jpg

Edited by Solid

That is what I call "Modeling" So many of us are "Kit Assemblers" (myself included) and don't really want to accept that. I have deep respect for people who build from plans.

Solid,

:post1: ...Nice to have you here.. :punk::punk:

What a wonderful array of hand made STUNNING wood models..

AMAZING work Sir..

Your work is EXEMPLARY and a delight to see... :smiley-whacky084:

I hope you post more of your EXCITING, ORIGINAL, EXQUISITE models and show US how it SHOULD BE DONE !!!

Absolutely STUNNING looking collection of GORGEOUS models... :thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

HOLMES :clap2:

Thanks guys, very happy to see you´ll enjoying the pics. Like all, scratchbuilding, takes some practice but once you get the hang of it is not hard at all. Patience and percistance is sure needed for making some parts do take some time but eventually one gets the final product to a satisfactory end. The feature that has attracted me the most in this way of modelling is that there is no airplane you can´t make...with practice you learn how, with very little math, you can convert most "photos" to plans and then go on from there, so if you see a pic of a plane you like, you get a few more and that´s that......

th_PASSO1B.jpg