After almost 2 years of modeling meditation (:P) I´m back in the game.

Just could not pass the opportunity to participate in this GB. I will be building the old but still really good Monogram F-105G Wild Weasel in 1/72. The only thing is the decals are to thick, so lets see how this works...

Pics...

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

happy modeling.

it

Edited by Ivan T.

Crappy update i-phone pictures. Cockpit is coming along really good to me...

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

Great work so far. What did you use to do all the rivets?

This is my riveting tool, Hasegawa´s. I really like this tool, it really gives detail to models.

IMG_3253.jpg

it

Model now taking form...I like it!

IMG_0793.jpg

but his gap...! between the right wing and the fuselage....uuuuughhhhh!!

This is when an old model shows its age... :S

IMG_0796.jpg

but nothing a filler, sanding and paneling (and patience)can fix..

it

For a gap of that magnitude, I'd definitely fill the bulk of it with some stretched sprue and fine tune it with filler as needed. That's a pretty healthy gap to ask a filler to fill, unless your using Bondo.

For a gap of that magnitude, I'd definitely fill the bulk of it with some stretched sprue and fine tune it with filler as needed. That's a pretty healthy gap to ask a filler to fill, unless your using Bondo.

Forgot about the stretched sprue filler, thanks!

I'll give it a try.

it

Coming along nicely Ivan! Never been a fan of raised panel lines, but that sure looks right the way it is! How did you deal with the raised lines around seam areas?

The panel lines erased by sanding are rescribed with a gold old xacto. The new panel lines are not that big, so its hard to tell the difference.

panels.jpg

it

Ah, ok, you're rescribing the areas that couldn't be kept raised @ seam lines. I've yet to do it, but some people will use stretched sprue to replace the lost raised lines and keep them raised.

Update.

Camouflage complete and corrected. All shinny and decaled...

IMG_0834.jpg

Some "frost" after decaling.. :(

IMG_0832.jpg

some Future to fix it...nice! :)

IMG_0835.jpg

20 year old thick decals responded very nice to the solvaset and Future. They almost looks painted... :cheers:

IMG_0837.jpg

le Raison d'être... :whistle:

IMG_0836.jpg

it

Edited by Ivan T.

Some "frost" after decaling.. :(

IMG_0832.jpg

I've never had that happen. What causes that? Old, cheap decals? Looking good though, looks like your bird is on final approach to completion!

I've never had that happen. What causes that? Old, cheap decals? Looking good though, looks like your bird is on final approach to completion!

Since I started using Future years ago, I had this "problem", maybe its the combination Future/Solvaset/Decal glue, but using Future again over the decal it seems the old Future recovers, and also is an extra coat of Future to protect the decals.

it