paint, is there any place to purchase 1/4 wide or so black

stripe decals? It's not as accurate as Trumpeters 1/350

England but it was a fun, relaxing build.---John

P8110006.jpg

P8110004.jpg

Edited by john53

John

SHE IS EXQUISITE...

You did a MAGNIFICENT job on the USS Buckley and Deck looks JUST AMAZING with the detailed work done on it..

You certainly have the patience, the tenacity and the fortitude to make this type of model judging by the

smaller details as shown in your post...

HOLMES :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Edited by HOLMES

Most hobby shops should sell black decal stripes, or model railroad stores. I have some in black and silver, makes good canopy striping too. Pinstriping might work but may be out of scale thickness. I would check the decal companies web sites, or Micro Mark the tool dealer. Oh and the ship came out very nice indeed.

TC

Edited by Tankcommander
  • 3 weeks later...

John, I like your Buckley. I'm working on her right now myself. I'm using the GMM PE set on mine. I'm on the road right now, but I'll try to post some pictures of her when I get home. I'm about 75% done with her. I'm doing some scratch building to try to improve the 20mm weapons. As for the 3" main armament, I'm thinking about modeling them covered in canvas (a/k/a paper towel soaked in white glue and painted). Even the PE doesn't improve them and my scratch building skills aren't up to that much reworking. Very nice job on yours, though. You are right, she is a relaxing little kit. Amazing detail on the bulkheads, considering the age of the kit, to.

Bob