Revell-Monogram Mig-25 1/48

OK here are some photos of the actual state this project is currently in...

IMG_20120818_155556.jpg

IMG_20120818_155338.jpg

IMG_20120818_155448.jpg

IMG_20120818_155433.jpg

IMG_20120818_124010.jpg

Tons of putty and hours of sanding was needed not only for the Su-27 adopted nose to fit but also around the intakes...

Thanks for the patience and thanks for watching..

Cheers,

Vasko

Thanks for those links milanko, your build is awesome, wish I had seen it before, would have helped me a lot...Still can..

I knew about those FruFru aftermarket burners and nose but they don't match my PD version, those are recce variant stuff...But I do have the armament.

cheers

Vasko

Hi vesthepes, i was doing the same project and i am using the line-drawing from the Red Star Mig-25 book. but it confuses me that the length of this plane (especially MIG-25P) should be 19.75 m (checking wikipedia). but the drawing in the book doesn't seem to match that length.

can you tell me what line-drawing are you using and what is the real lenth of mig-25?

Thanks again guys, I'm really glad you like this...

@dust

I'm using the drawings from the airwar.ru for this PD (use the translator), I think those are from the Red Star book, I wouldn't trust wiki on this subject that much...

@Matt,Juan

Thanks for those links also, but still there's no nose for this version, only RB, as for the exhausts I already corrected the Eduard PE to look more proper, so I won't waste any more euros for that one.

I'll post new pics of the exhausts soon so stay hanging...

cheers

Vasko

how do you plan to figure out the nose problem?

I already did, I installed the Su-27 nose on it, which is way more ogival, slightly smaller but corrected with epoxy putty. It actually fits pretty well also in accordance with the drawings..

@dust

Please check the build, I'm answering the same thing that has already been posted with pictures and explained...

The wings are trimmed/corrected with the 1° slope for the PD version, also the tail wings and the verticals are trimmed and corrected.

Not to mention the entire fuselage cutting...

The nose cone is the Aires/QB for the Su-27, as for the Academy you'll have to try it yourself.

cheers

Vasko

@dust

Please check the build, I'm answering the same thing that has already been posted with pictures and explained...

The wings are trimmed/corrected with the 1° slope for the PD version, also the tail wings and the verticals are trimmed and corrected.

Not to mention the entire fuselage cutting...

The nose cone is the Aires/QB for the Su-27, as for the Academy you'll have to try it yourself.

cheers

Vasko

OK, THANKYOU!