So here's the box for what I'll be building.

661938b2.jpg

I'm digging that it's got all the aftermarket parts and such right in the box.

If it's ok I may take some artistic license when it comes time to paint. Instead of the dark od green that it is I may make it a dark grey with some black and very light silver shading. Heavily weathered but leave the skull untouched so it really stands out. If not then I'll paint it as it's supposed to be. lmk

K

I may get to this one soon once I finish up the Ducati.

Hey I recognize that kit!

Regarding the tank, some of the A/C from those squadrons actually flew with the drop tanks on backwords, so the picture is actually correct. It was one of the things that drew me to that kit in the first place. My buddy is letting me borrow a whole bunch of CD's that he got when he attended a talk by Phil Adair who I believe was a Lt in the Burma Banshees. He flew number 44, Lulu Belle. Maybe when I burn a copy for myself, I'll make a copy for you too and send them to you. Their is a ton of good stuff on them.

-Dave

I can't possible see why they would do that though.

Wouldn't there be more drag with it the wrong direction?

Maybe it centered the weight more? But if you got in a furball then you'd drop the tank anyway so I just don't get it.

Of course I'd like a cd.

Also thanks for the kit!

Let me know when you're heading to Michigan again we'll do lunch.

I can't possible see why they would do that though.

Wouldn't there be more drag with it the wrong direction?

Maybe it centered the weight more? But if you got in a furball then you'd drop the tank anyway so I just don't get it.

Actually one of the weird looking Porsche in the days was touth to be more aerodynamic going reverse!! Mythbusters did a show on that