Dallas/Ft Worth tornadoes

Please keep the people in Dallas/Ft Worth in your thoughts and prayers. They've hit pretty hard by severe weather and tornadoes today.

For those ARCer's up in that area, check in and let us know you're ok.

While working at the Balch Spring Social Security Office, we had to shelter in place twice with all the employees and claimants. One of those times was five minutes after I had Care Flite take a man away for medical help and evaluation. Blessedly, (The WARDOG does NOT believe in Luck!) we made it through without any problems.

Since my house is only 12 minutes away down 635 near Oates, I checked there and they were O.K. It looks like they caught the brunt of it near Ft. Worth with some stunning video on the Yahoo News site.

My prayers go out to those with losses.

WARDOG

Happy to report that were still alive and kickin here in the Fort!! Still no casualties reported so we definitely had good fortune. Tornado sirens and sideways rain but overall...nothing that cant be replaced.

My house is in Lancaster, TX, an area that got hit, but with no fatalities. One tornado touched down about 1/2 mile away from my house. I grateful that my house & my kids moms house didn't sustain any damage.

My ex took these pics of the neighborhood:

DSC00383.jpg

DSC00378.jpg

DSC00366.jpg

That last pic has the rooftop a/c unit ripped from a CVS pharmacy in it.

Edited by Ishthe47guy

Ishthe47guy,

I am pleased to hear that you and yours are safe...MY Aunt and other family members live in Texas, places like Dallas, Houston , Beaumont and they have all said that they have been spared their lives and homes...

But they did not say if it actually passed them by so I am guessing it missed them...

I pray that all is well and that there are not too many casualties.

Take care and Thank you for sharing the photos..which show quite a lot of damage etc.

HOLMES