Canada's Air Defence video

Hey guys thought you might like to view this National Film Board of Canada's 1956 film called "Canada's Air Defence". There's CF-100 Mk.5's, Valiant and Canberra. Film is from 1956 so some of the dialog is kinda hokie by today's standards. Fun to watch and learn from.

The halcyon days of the RCAF. Back then we had one of the greatest air forces in the world.

In addition to the CF-100 Mk.5's there are several Mk4 and Mk.4B's in the film as well.

Cheers,

John

The halcyon days of the RCAF. Back then we had one of the greatest air forces in the world.

In addition to the CF-100 Mk.5's there are several Mk4 and Mk.4B's in the film as well.

Cheers,

John

Yeah, the ones in the Cold Lake scenes. Did you also see the T-33 in front of the maintenance hangar? I like that they showed the radar oeperators scope with the lock on. It was described to me by a former co-worker who worked on the CF-100 avionics during those days but I couldn't relate to it. However, after seeing this film, I now understand what he was talking about. The cool thing is when we talked about the CF-100, he got the Hobbycraft 1/48 CF-100 Mk.4 and I painted and built the cockpit for him. When he finished, he brought it in and it looked great all done. Unfortunately, the company we worked for shutdown and moved operations until it finally end up in China and with the company name no longer in the world. No it's not Avro Canada but a giant in Canadian industry until about 2006.

• 2 months later...