Petition for a 1/48th SU-34

3d CAD tools can transform a 3D surface to a flat pattern. But I think it would be difficult to make the surface of an aircraft from styrene without having a skeleton. What I mean is that the flat surface must follow a "path" in order to make the correct curves of an aircraft.

Of course that is my opinion and someone else might know better :rolleyes:

3d CAD tools can transform a 3D surface to a flat pattern. But I think it would be difficult to make the surface of an aircraft from styrene without having a skeleton. What I mean is that the flat surface must follow a "path" in order to make the correct curves of an aircraft.

Of course that is my opinion and someone else might know better :rolleyes:

That's exactly what I'm talking about, there's drawings for the ribs/skeleton of an SU-34, simply put if one was to construct those together and then use the CAD tools for making the skin surface flat, one could simply use thin sheet styrene to cut it out and glue it over....now the only tricky part is the damn landing gear on that thing! Although, one could just opt to leave the gear up and make it an in-flight bird.

One of the coolest strategic bombers ever made! We need an accurate 1/48 SU-27 first, but I'll take an SU-34 any day.

Kyle

It sure is cool, but it is no strategic bomber.

Hi All

The Su-34 Fullback will be my next project in scale 1/32, first of all I have to finish my Lavi TD ,also done in scale 1/32.TD_31.jpg

and from 3D to 2D is a perfrct method to do a model....Ribs.jpg

:( Dude, we were talking about a 1/48 one.. you are a party pooper. :P

Edited by foxmulder_ms