Bf109 G-14, Hartmann

So here it is, my last model of 2012, feel free to give "constructive feedback" ;)/> always trying to get better :)/>

Messerschmitt Bf109 G-14, Major Erich Alfred Hartmann,I./JG54, February 1945, Czechoslovakia

OOB plus eduard PE and base, Legend Hartmann figure, Tamiya snow, Woodland Scenics Turf and Pine tree, EZ-wire.

e_zpsc185cae9.jpg

d2-1_zpsd635445c.jpg

f_zps68bfa534.jpg

c_zps0369839b.jpg

a_zps4c76ce7e.jpg

b_zpsa534d6ca.jpg

It looks nice, but one comment about the paint around the canopy.

It looks like it was applied on top of the white, instead of the white being applied over the existing camouflage.

I like to paint my winter schemes as they would have been in the field, even though the A/C is going to be 98% white, I'd 1st paint the summer camo onto the plane,it doesn't have to be pretty or exact, just there, then I'll take the white distemper and start building up color on top, heavy on areas that will have little wear, light and splotchy on the heavily used ares, including leading edges.

Overall nice job.

Curt

A diorama note, there is a "Customs" (Brand Name) Grout color (for tile floors) called "Snow Fall", it's white with a bit of sparkly blue in it, looks just like show, it runs about $15.00 for a 25lb bag, will last you and your modeling Club/friends/Form members a lifetime of show dioramas.

A diorama note, there is a "Customs" (Brand Name) Grout color (for tile floors) called "Snow Fall", it's white with a bit of sparkly blue in it, looks just like show, it runs about $15.00 for a 25lb bag, will last you and your modeling Club/friends/Form members a lifetime of show dioramas.

That's really interesting...thanks for that source info!

It looks nice, but one comment about the paint around the canopy.

It looks like it was applied on top of the white, instead of the white being applied over the existing camouflage.

I like to paint my winter schemes as they would have been in the field

Thanks for comments ;)/>

Netz... It was painted with camouflage before the white was put over, maby it was not thinned enough ? but you are right ! I painted the white to close to the canopy and then corrected it with brownish spray over the white :whistle:/>

p2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...