Hasegawa F-4S -VMFA-251 Thunderbolts

Hello Elmo!

Thanks for posting these.... here's the funniest thing about this (to me, anyway) I remember when I used to compete, you would be at the shows and you had this piece of an Hasegawa F4 you were working on and I remember looking at all the detail (I think it was the underside of a wing or something) and I thought...."MAN...I can't wait till this is finished!" I remember that it was a couple of years later that I got back involved in other stuff and was busy on weekends and after a while I wasn't in touch anymore. So I come back here and start building again (slowly) but see your posts on the A-6 and realize its you.... and then you show that F-4 and I'm like...."THAT'S IT!!!.....FINALLY!" So, thanks for posting the shots...its definitely worth the wait!

Hey Steve,

Yeah that was a long time ago. I wondered what had happened to you as one minute you were around and the next minute you were gone. I do have to remind you of something in case you forgot. You gave me a spare canopy so I could finish the build as I ruined the original so technically something of yours is on that F-4....LOL

As far as the A-6 goes, I'll be moving this weekend so hopefully I'll make more progress soon as I'm starting to get withdrawl symptoms from the break.

There should be a model show in Pasadena soon so try and make it and maybe we'll throw back a couple brews while we're at it.

C-Ya

Edited by wardog

this is one of the best F4 at this scale i've ever see!!! stunning job !

high level of details !

Pat

Pat.....thanks for the positive comments. Also, I apologize for the delayed response to you and others but I hadn't checked the site recently. Thanks again.

I keep studying the stabilator picture. I'd really like to do something similar on my Academy F-4B. The F-4B will be my first build in about 15 years.

I can send you an email with instructions on how I did mine if u like.

Absolutely PHANtastic!!! I reeeally like it and as a Phantom lover am inspired by it. I had a go at doing a fully deployed chute but never really got good results. Great Job!

I imagine it would be a pain.......I thought about it but I didnt want to make an in motion display. Not sure what site I saw it on but someone made an F~4 with a deployed drag chute and it came out nice and he also gave full instructions on how he did it.