Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited


About wardog

  • Rank
    Plastic Surgeon
  • Birthday 11/12/1966

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

8,734 profile views
  1. Thank you okthree for coming through with the decal sheet.....much appreciated. -Elmo
  2. Hello okthree, Yes, I'm still interested. Thanks for your reply; I will send you a private message........thanks again! -Elmo
  3. Hello Gator52, Thanks for offering what you have. Unfortunately, I'm only interested in the VA-34 markings from that sheet. Thanks again! -Elmo
  4. Hello members, Looking to purchase Yellowhammer decal sheet Y48-03 which fits the 1/48th scale Revell A-6E Intruder kit. This sheet includes markings for VA-75, Sunday Punchers and VA-34, Blue Blasters. If anyone has this sheet in close to perfect condition and would consider selling, please let me know. -Elmo
  5. Hello utely, yes, a lot of detail and looking back now over the course of many years, too much detail which is the reason I can't seem to finish this kit. I haven't touched this model in about 4 months as I needed a break but I plan on restarting on it this week. Hopefully the finish line is near. Thanks for looking!
  6. Hi Steve, awesome progress! Hadn't checked in for a while; I'm really liking what you've done and the weathering is really making it pop. Not sure how much practical experience u have at weathering but your results are looking really good. These builds have been nothing short of complex and time consuming; glad you've stuck to it! -Elmo
  7. coneheadff, as always, thank you very much for continuing to be a loyal follower of this build. I'm glad you like the updates even though they don't happen very often. crackerjazz, thanks for your feedback. I really do put a lot of effort into replicating what I see in the reference material to the best of my ability so the end result is often worth the time spent. A-10 LOADER, thanks for stopping by again; always nice to hear from you.
  8. Thanks Loki_v2, janman and kike, much appreciated. Loki-v2, you're absolutely right, fabricating the small and complex pieces is very challenging. However, the talent needed most is simply "patience". I don't get all parts right the first time around, some require multiple tries. Thanks again for your feedback. janman, yes, 48th scale so inherently challenging to detail. However, I wouldn't be able to do the work without a magnifying lens and strong reading glasses, both at the same time. My "eagle eyes" I was once so proud of because I used to have 20/12 vision are no
  9. Thanks to all of you loyal followers for your comments and for sticking with this build over the years, your patience is admirable! RichB63, I didn't realize how complex the A-6 nose gear is until I was too far into it to turn back. However, you're absolutely right.....very complex! The end result is not totally accurate but better than what I started with. I honestly felt like I was never going to finish it and it taxed me more than the instrument panel which took longer to build. As far as what's next, most likely the ejection seats or painting the model. To paint it
  10. Well, it looks like the issue has been resolved, however, I did nothing to fix it other that wait a while so who know what the issue was. Anyway, here we go. Acuity, before I forget, as far as i can tell all the pictures I've uploaded recently are viewable. If there is anything specific you'd like to see please let me know and I'll do my best to share. Besides installation, all gear related components are pretty much done other than a few minor tweaks here and there. For th
  11. Acuity, Mr.Happy and the rest who've left messages, thank you....always appreciated. My plan was to upload some pics today of the finished gear but once again, experiencing issues with pic links converting to an image. The fun never ends.......I'll try and figure out the issue and post once able to. Thanks, Elmo
  12. Awesome work Steve! I just finished a quick catch-up on your build as I have not been spending much time on the forum these days. All the work you've done is really paying off and your results are nothing short of impressive. The topcoat grey looks really good; what are you using Model Master? Looks like now that you've laid down a coat of gloss you can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck with the rest of your build. Elmo
  13. Thanks for the comments! Steve, no tricks or wizardry here......basic tools are used to hold parts such as tweezers. One thing I typically do to make it easier when making the tiny parts is start with a larger piece of styrene, shape it and finally cut it to the correct size. -Elmo
  14. I think I figured it out. The yellow tape is there only to prevent the wires from coming loose.
  15. Hello Larry, Thanks for checking in and Happy new Year to you and yours. You're not far off regarding an update; the build continues at a very slow rate as I've been splitting my free time between the A-6 and an old z-car I purchased last year. The past few months I've been focusing on the landing gear. I decided to re-do what I initially completed over 10 years ago as I was no longer satisfied with it. As expected, It's coming about slow due to all the tiny bits and pieces that I'm scratch building......not to mention all the work is really excercising my p
  • Create New...