Here it is in all it's glory! I have a lot of filling and sanding for a few weeks.

I have the left side of the windscreen filled and pretty much sanded up. On to the

other end which is a disaster looking for a place to happen. I cut the tail, put the

plug in and sanded it a bit then added the cut off tail piece back on. The plug is

quite a bit narrower than the tail or fuselage so I am going to try to fill it and some

how blend this in to make it look somewhat acceptable. Word of advice, if you want a

1/144 B-52H in current flying condition seriously consider the Revell kit!---John

B52H24.jpg

B52H27.jpg

B52H29.jpg

Edited by john53

Word of advice, if you want a 1/144 B-52H in current flying condition seriously consider the Revell kit!

Thanks for the heads up. I'm amazed at how poorly Minicraft's new parts fit. Not that their kits fit exceptionally well, but that tail area is way oversized. Keep up the good work though! I can't wait to see it finished!

John

Edited by John King

I sanded the livincrap out of this and it looks some what "flowing". As for

accurate, eh close counts. I am going to add some more putty to the offending

seams and sand and blend some more. Then I have to add this tail piece. It looks

like a stinger from some sort of insect, doesn't resemble the ECM antenna that's

on the "current flying model" to me. I am going to cut it off and fashion a more

realistic looking piece.---John

B52H32-Copy.jpg

B52H30-Copy.jpg

B52H33-Copy.jpg

Edited by john53

I assembled the tail pieces and corrected some of the mistakes. I added two more

lumps and bumps to the tail and cut off the offending gun barrel. I still have more

sanding and shaping but it looks a lot closer to it's current flying condition than

before.---John

B52H37.jpg

Edited by john53

That looks similar to what I have now. There are a few more lumps and bumps to add to

the side of the fuselage tail, I don't quite understand all the small holes in the blanked

end of the tail. Are those vortex generators on the stabs? Thanks for pictures. I still have

to look into tree antenna on top rear fuselage and the antenna farm on the underside of the

fuselage. Not sure about GPS dome?---John

I have the pylons on and am starting to do the engines. All these small parts

and the painting started me thinking. Why do all this, a gazillion wheels then

hubs so I decided to go wheels up. Seeing as though I didn't plan on it I now

need to figure out a stand. Are there any after market ones or does some one

have a good design? The doors closed up fairly decent.---John

B52H42.jpg

B52H43.jpg

That looks similar to what I have now. There are a few more lumps and bumps to add to

the side of the fuselage tail, I don't quite understand all the small holes in the blanked

end of the tail. Are those vortex generators on the stabs? Thanks for pictures. I still have

to look into tree antenna on top rear fuselage and the antenna farm on the underside of the

fuselage. Not sure about GPS dome?---John

Can't remember where I read it, but believe the perforations in the plating over the tail gun location are there to equalize pressure in that part of the fuselage...

The GPS antenna is located on the top of the fuselage, just aft of the leading edge of the wing. Look at some photos taken from a tanker and you can see it if the boom isn't in the way, it's a round, flat plate that is sort of a pale yellow color.

Keep up the good progress!

Jonah

Edited by Gator52

I have the engine pylons on and almost ready to paint. I need to add a few

antennas. Does anyone know the size of the tree antenna on the top rear

spine? Revell had a nice one on it's B-52H kit. Anyone here have that and

can measure it for me. I have lots of plastic and sprue material and pictures

but no idea how big it was or is in 1/144. Thanks---John

B52H49.jpg

John-

I have the Revell kit you mentioned. The antenna is exactly 5 mm in height. The lower cross-piece (horizontal antenna) is 3 mm above the fuselage.

Let me know if you need any other measurements or photos of the Revell kit. PM me as needed.

HTH :salute:

Thanks. I was laying out the top fuselage where the antennas and domes go

and put my RB-47H of the same scale next to it. I never realized that the

Stratojet was so much smaller than the Stratofortress.---John

B52H51.jpg