Hi Folks!

Due to extended sick leave I was able to build this very nice kit - the 1/32 Revell MiG-29UB. I was very impressed with the quality of the kit, considering it's a 1991 release - I think it's better quality and a far better fit than the same company's Tornado and Typhoon kits released decades later.

I added the Zactomodels correction and upgrade set (although it cost 3x more than the kit cost!) If you read the build thread, you can see I thought it was going to be trouble, but in fact it was a fantastic bit of resin engineering, and I take my hat off to Chris (aka Zactoman) for an excellent upgrade set - it really transforms the look of the basic Revell kit (if you are bothered by the lower fuselage and nozzle inadequacies!) and is probably the highest quality resin parts I've ever had the pleasure of using.

Also used Eduard exterior PE set - one of their simpler offerings, but very effective. The model is finished in Xtracrylix with Begemot's amazing decal sheet (I still have 23 decal options left!!!)

For info on using the Zacto set, the build thread is HERE

The pics taken outdoors in the dying North European sunlight....

DSCN4006.jpg

DSCN4005.jpg

DSCN4007.jpg

DSCN4008.jpg

DSCN4013.jpg

DSCN4011.jpg

DSCN4014.jpg

DSCN4015.jpg

DSCN4012.jpg

DSCN4009.jpg

Happy to answer any questions, comments etc.

As for the sick leave, I am now pronounced fully fit and back in the flight deck! It's great to be in the air again!

Al

Edited by Pruz

Great looking Fulcrum you got there. Unfortunately Mig-29UB cannot carry R-27 Alamo, radar guided or IR.

Sure it does. It has simulation modes for radar guided attacks, and can carry the IR-homing version as it still has IRST cueing. It's not combat capable with the R-27R, but it sure can carry them.

Al

Edited by Pruz

Sure it does. It has simulation modes for radar guided attacks, and can carry the IR-homing version as it still has IRST cueing. It's not combat capable with the R-27R, but it sure can carry them.

Al

Ok, poor choice of wording, I was thinking deployment wise.