Krylon Spray Paint

Yes, the Krylon Fusion paints work well. I use them for spot priming and I like them. I believe Tamiya's Surface Primer grey paint lays down a bit thinner, but it is very expensive. I like the Krylon as it represents a nice performance to cost ratio.

I have not used their white paint, only grey and black. All white paint is evil, so I don't know how it will perform.

I use Krylon frequently on car models and I like it. I've not been as impressed with Krylon Fusion even though it is claimed to be made for plastic. I find it looks like colored plastic and shows off any imperfections in the plastic, not just scratches, it even shows the swirls and such in the plastic that you would expect to be covered up.

The odd thing that I've discovered, even though I really like their regular paint, I don't like their white primer. Grey, red/brown and black work great, but I have terrible luck with their white primer. It always comes out thick and slightly yellow. I've had decent luck using white over grey primer though, just need to get a couple of very light white coats on before really going for it on the color coat.

I use Krylon frequently on car models and I like it. I've not been as impressed with Krylon Fusion even though it is claimed to be made for plastic. I find it looks like colored plastic and shows off any imperfections in the plastic, not just scratches, it even shows the swirls and such in the plastic that you would expect to be covered up.

The odd thing that I've discovered, even though I really like their regular paint, I don't like their white primer. Grey, red/brown and black work great, but I have terrible luck with their white primer. It always comes out thick and slightly yellow. I've had decent luck using white over grey primer though, just need to get a couple of very light white coats on before really going for it on the color coat.

Ditto all the above. Krylon Gloss White is my first choice always. I also heat the can in hot NOT BOILING water before and during the spray session. It assists in the flow and gives a smoother finish.

G

I use Krylon Fusion paints after I read about it in Chuck progress build. I follow his directions. I first use the Krylon Fusion Gloss Black, and I decant the paint in a small bottle. It doesn't need thinner but I followed his advice and I thin it with lacquer thinner and I use thinner about 30% because the paint in the can is lacquer and I didn't want it to dry before it hits the plastic. But the Krylon Fusion Black Gloss is the only krylon paint that I use, I've never tried another color.

I have used a lot of Krylon spraying model rockets over the last couple years....and I absolutely hate it. I've completely gotten away from it and use only Valspar spray now.

For models, I would stick with Tamiya Surface primer. Yeah, it's more expensive....but that stuff is liquid gold in a can