Thunder Over Michigan changes

I'm glad I saw your post, I made room reservations the other day for the original June dates! I guess I'll have to update those! I guess they're hoping to give the sequestration thing more time to work out and hopefully still get the T-birds in town.

Curtis

I'm glad I saw your post, I made room reservations the other day for the original June dates! I guess I'll have to update those! I guess they're hoping to give the sequestration thing more time to work out and hopefully still get the T-birds in town.

Curtis

The only reason it was in June was because of the TBirds. Thunder is usually in August and they went back to their normal dates. Not sure why they waited this long but im sure it probably has to do with a feature attractions schedule. Possibly even the Me262 since its in Hamilton the original date. I don't think there's more than 1 flying in the states is there?

Yagen's (Virginia based) 262 is the one scheduled for both shows. His new Mossie is scheduled for Hamilton, and I think I heard it may be at Thunder now as well. The change actually works for me, as we were planning to blow off Thunder in favor of Hamilton again this year..now I'll likely be able to make both (Thunder is only an hour-and-a-half up the road from me, so hotels aren't an issue.)

I can see where this would tick off a lot of people who've already made plans like time off from work and hotel reservations though. I'm hoping Fifi or the Collings Foundation might be able to make it now. The Collings tour is usually in this part of the country then..heck, if they bring their 262 along, Thunder could boast TWO..wouldn't that be awesome (like when they had two jinn-you-wine A6M Zeroes a couple years ago!)

SN