Tonight the dead live again in my dreams. They are always with me but today is their day. I will visit a cemetery today though none are buried there. They are scattered all across this great nation of ours. There I will visit with others who gave their all and again my brothers will be with me. I am the last of my unit to walk this earth and when I am gone I will be reunited with them and the unit will be whole again. They say this day is to remember the dead, I say it is for the living to never forget freedom is not free but has been paid for by the dead we honor this day.

MACSOG 1971 Team Cobra

Norm

Tonight the dead live again in my dreams. They are always with me but today is their day. I will visit a cemetery today though none are buried there. They are scattered all across this great nation of ours. There I will visit with others who gave their all and again my brothers will be with me. I am the last of my unit to walk this earth and when I am gone I will be reunited with them and the unit will be whole again. They say this day is to remember the dead, I say it is for the living to never forget freedom is not free but has been paid for by the dead we honor this day.

MACSOG 1971 Team Cobra

Norm

Huzzah! Thanks, Norm. To you and your team mates. (And all you vets, past -present, Here and at Fiddler's Green.

Norm,

Sir,

MY deepest THANK YOU to you and all those Veterans of past and present wars. :salute:

Without your sacrifices I would not enjoy the Freedom that I have.

May those that have left us are at Peace and be remembered for ever.Amen.

HOLMES :salute: :salute:

Spot-on, SOGman. Thanks for that.

Have likewise had the privilege to serve and to meet vets from our previous fights. Am more and more conscious that I am talking to the survivors.

Dad was a WWII sailor who joined up with his best buddy from high school. His buddy was a US Marine who never returned. For the rest of his life, Dad always remembered that he was going to college, raising a family, pursuing a career and fishing those lovely trout streams for a brother who gave up all of those things on our behalf, at age 19 in a firefight on Okinawa, 09 JUN 1945.

Remember our gold star families, too.

MACSOG 1971 Team Cobra

Norm

welcome home brother!

I'm an I-Corp Rat; class of 68

Have a good friend that's SOG from about your time period. RT Illinois; initials SK from Indiana. Plaster interviewed him several times in his book.

gary