CD72014 - Patrouille de France - Alpha Jet

This is the 1/72 scale Patrouille de France sheet that I announced earlier. It will be an August release. I will be scaling it up to 1/48 within a few days, and that also will be an August release.

I really like the Patrouille de France and have been working on this sheet for a while. What you will get on this sheet are:

-Special tail markings for 60th anniversary of Patrouille de France (2013)

-Special tail markings for 75th anniversary of the French Air Force (2009)

-Special tail markings for 55th anniversary of Patrouille de France (2008)

-Special tail markings for 50th anniversary of Patrouille de France (2003)

-Special tail markings for EU presidency of France (2000)

-Special tail markings for 50th anniversary of the end of WWII (1995)

-Special tail markings for 40th anniversary of Patrouille de France (1993)

-Common markings and stencils for two Patrouille de France aircraft

-Two sets of tail numbers

-Crew names, serial numbers and registrations for the 2013 line-up as of early July. (Note that the team line-up is pretty fluid and aircraft numbers change all the time, but you should be able to make any serial number and registration using the sheet.)

-Several sets of full alphabet and digits to make up any Patrouille de France registration and serial number.

I think you will agree that these will be pretty comprehensive sheets; and lots of work went into these. The 1/48 sheet will be very similar, with stencils and common markings for only one aircraft. From what I can see, it will be possible to build the upcoming Kinetic kit as a Patrouille de France aircraft with minimal modifications, and I will provide information for this in the instructions.

Both sheets will be printed by Cartograf as usual.

cd72014promo2.pngcdat7201_promo1t.jpg

• 2 months later...

Wow, look at that nice fine work. Wonderful Kursad. Another winner.

Hey maybe this a start of a new series for you? Acrobatic Teams of the world :)? Would probably have to combine several different aircraft on the same sheet since in most cases it is only really a change of numbers.

Ok never mind you have your hands full of the other schemes which personally interest me a lot more.

I was expecting the new Heller 1/72 kit (reported to be a new tool) to be available within a couple of months when I started designing this sheet. It is still not available, but it sounds like it might be worth waiting for. I like the Revell tooling even though it is somewhat old and has raised panel lines, I think it builds up pretty well.

• 2 weeks later...

The links on the site are working correctly. You might have an older version of the page in the browser cache, have you clicked on the decal images to reach the product pages? Here they are:

http://caracalmodels.com/cd48043.html

http://caracalmodels.com/cd72014.html

Do you still plan German Alpha Jet decals. I know you said it will be released, Wingman kit is too expensive and difficult to find, people who bought Kinetic kit need German decals I hope you havent changed your mind..

Thanks

P

Do you still plan German Alpha Jet decals. I know you said it will be released, Wingman kit is too expensive and difficult to find, people who bought Kinetic kit need German decals I hope you havent changed your mind..

I typically don't care what other companies do, so there is no change in my plans. I am still working on my own Luftwaffe Alpha Jet sheet, and I will do a German Alpha Jet sheet even if the German government decides to print one themselves and give it away free in every town. It will not change my plans even the tiniest bit.

I will have it ready before the end of the year to provide another option to modelers who would like to build German, Thai or Portuguese jets with the help of resin parts from other companies (Pavla and quite possibly others etc.)

Edited by KursadA