Humbrol Satin and Matt cote

Hi,

I would like to know what I did wrong,because when I used Humbrol Satin cote on one model,and Humbrol Matt cote on other as finishing cote, they stay sticky.

Not sticky by touch,but when I hold the model in my hand,and put it back ,I can feel stickines. Applied with paint brush.

With Future (Klear) I didn't notice that kind of problem ,so I will use it as gloss finnis when needed. Maybe some advice what to use instead of Humbrol cotes for Satin and Matt finishes?

If I recall correct, Matt cote I didn't thin,and with Satin I add a little Humbrol enamel thinner.

Any advice will be appriciated.

I use the gloss and matt products exclusively and the only time I noticed stickiness was when I didn't

stir the product enough. You really have to stir it a lot...especially the Matt

As for thinning, I airbrush them so I have to thin them. If you're just brushing you shouldn't

need to thin them

They do need to be mixed very thoroughly, the matt has a tendency to drop out of suspension. I find placing on a radiator to warm them up helps. I think even if brushing thinning helps with the drying times (for the gloss in particular), for airbrushing I use several 50/50 thinner/cote layers.

I used matt cote on a model the other week, it was airbrushed on, well thinned. Although it appeared to be touch dry within a few minutes it remained sticky and it was several days before it was fully cured.

peebeep

• 2 weeks later...