About one more than average.

'63 Corvette - Revell - 1/25

mostly oob, wired the motor, added punched disk nuts'n'bolts, replaced the side pipes with styrene tube.

I was afraid of the yellow decals on the blue paint ending up a sickly green so I requested and quickly received a second set from Revell so I could double them up.

rhvv.jpg

'83 Honda CBR400F - Tamiya - 1/12

"almost" oob. Just drilled the rotors and filled in the hollows that Tamiya left on the inside of the fork tubes and bottom of the exhaust pipes.

lxnp.jpg

USS Montpelier - Riich - 1/350

Revealing my ignorance of sub stuff, I bought a flight I Los Angeles instead of a flight III, so I had to move the forward dive planes from the sail to the bow and scribe the VLS doors. It was for a "Vermont" theme at our local show.

c0kt.jpg

F4D-1 - MPC (Airfix) - 1/72

No where near oob! Major bits: built intake trunking out of card and milliput. Dropped l.e. slats and raised t.e. "pitch trimmers" to display the typical stance on the ground. Modified kit seat and cockpit. Scratch built landing gear struts. Fixed kit or added missing NACA vents. Added sway braces to all pylons, including the pads and screws. Cobbled together or printed decals for VMF(AW)-531, my old squadron though it was 15 years after the Ford and it was VMFA-531 when I was a member working on F-4Ns.

vuoj.jpg

Hello,

I especially like the details on the Corvette's wheels and I think what you have done to the "Ford" is awesome. You added details that most people wouldn't even

try in 1/48 on the Tamiya kit. Great stuff.

Thanks for sharing,

Jim S

No where near oob! Major bits: built intake trunking out of card and milliput. Dropped l.e. slats and raised t.e. "pitch trimmers" to display the typical stance on the ground. Modified kit seat and cockpit. Scratch built landing gear struts. Fixed kit or added missing NACA vents. Added sway braces to all pylons, including the pads and screws. Cobbled together or printed decals for VMF(AW)-531, my old squadron though it was 15 years after the Ford and it was VMFA-531 when I was a member working on F-4Ns.

vuoj.jpg

I recently bought the 48th Tamiya kit and I was wondering if that centerline "pod" is actually a nuke.

I recently bought the 48th Tamiya kit and I was wondering if that centerline "pod" is actually a nuke.

No, it's the AERO 14B-2 NAVPAC and contained the AN/ARN-12 marker beacon receiver and the AN/ARN-14E Omni-Range receiver. The FORD wasn't set up for air to ground and only carried its guns, Sidwinders and/or 2.75 inch FFARs for air to air work.

• 1 month later...