1/48 Tamiya F-16C/N Aggressor

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work on the pit Marvin.

You've mentioned the "Lizard" green/grey paint scheme. What if I told you that I got a picture that shows the exact paint scheme but, with tan/dark brown colors?

Wow! That sounds like a great scheme to try. Could you share the picture with me?

OK Marvin, this is the photo that I was referring to.

F-16N_Riccardo_Niccoli_1994_zpsd2cd293b.jpg

It was taken probably in 1994. The photographer's name is Riccardo Niccoli, and as far as I know he had taken this photo for a Greek defense magazine called Flight and Space (Ptisi kai Diastima).

In my humble opinion, I don't think this is an Adobe Photoshop manipulation. I did mention this photo once to TwoBobs but, he was also unaware of this photo's existence or the paint scheme/colors combination of tan and dark brown.

OK Marvin, this is the photo that I was referring to.

F-16N_Riccardo_Niccoli_1994_zpsd2cd293b.jpg

It was taken probably in 1994. The photographer's name is Riccardo Niccoli, and as far as I know he had taken this photo for a Greek defense magazine called Flight and Space (Ptisi kai Diastima).

In my humble opinion, I don't think this is an Adobe Photoshop manipulation. I did mention this photo once to TwoBobs but, he was also unaware of this photo's existence or the paint scheme/colors combination of tan and dark brown.

Are you sure that's not just colour degradation of the photograph, because it looks to me very much like the green/white camo scheme in post #4 of this thread wouldn't you say?

Edited by Cobus

Are you sure that's not just colour degradation of the photograph, because it looks to me very much like the green/white camo scheme in post #4 of this thread wouldn't you say?

I know, I know!!! That's what's bothering me for the past 2 decades!!!!!

When I first saw that picture back in the mid-90s, I thought this is how I want to finish my Hasegawa F-16N, and I did, though for some reason I didn't apply any decals on the model.

Around 2000 (I think) I found pictures showing that the camouflage was not tan/d.brown but instead, d.green/grey!!

I can't say if it's a color degradation or not because, the picture looks fine to me. If you notice the foreground F-16s colors look OK.

Wish somebody could clarify this matter!!!! That way, I'd know how I'm supposed to finish my Hasegawa F-16N.

Should I remove the paint scheme I have applied based on that photo or, keep it?

:dontknow:

• 2 months later...

Looking very smart.

I too think the above photo is a shade of dark green. I don't think there's any color degradation I would just say it's the angle of the light. Dark greens change colors verily in different light conditions.

Dark greens change colors verily in different light conditions.

Yes but, what about the grey that looks like tan? :dontknow:

Oh, well, I guess I have to strip-down the d.brown/grey splinter scheme that I've applied and paint the 'N' with the d.green/grey scheme. Shame though... :crying2:

• 1 month later...