taymia f-14 tomcat + 2 superhornets+scratch build tow tracto

Hi everyone, I will be posting my progress pictures of my tomcat which will be a vf-103 and my superhornet also. I am just trying to upload into bucket list so they will be there in a or so. also have been building 70% finished a new 1/32 scale us navy tow tractor to tow my tomcat. I will be casting it over the next few months also. I will post my 1/32 scale Australian airforce tow tractor 85% finished also which will be going with my superhornet.

love to know it you think the tractors are worth casting for possible future intrests

thanks Michael

IMGP7711.jpg

IMGP7709.jpg

testing the photobucket. finished this one in 2010 with a lot of work on this taymia. 12 months of work off and on. everything resribed, riveted, wings and air intakes are starch built and many other thinks.

DSC01033.jpg

Australian tow tractor which will go with my superhornet in Australian markings.

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k568/emtomkat/DSC01029-2.jpg[/img][/url]

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k568/emtomkat/DSC01232.jpg[/img][/url]

Us navy modern tow tractor will go with my f-14 tomcat (tamyia) long variant.

1000w_q75-1.jpg

DSC01278.jpg

DSC01281.jpg

DSC01295.jpg

DSC01291-1.jpg

DSC01256.jpg

DSC01285.jpg

Still lots more to do. And as I am casting these I am having to make everything so they will slip out of my molds correctly

Edited by tomcatemtom

So what we have is a base which is being made from MDF with the flight deck being scribed out and the catapult will be carved shortly, then filled and detailed with plasic card. I used textured paint with a grey pigment to make it easy to paint later on. In the photos I have my vfa-103 with the base colours painted and my ea-18g growler top view. photos of details to come on them.

DSC01302.jpg

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k568/emtomkat/DSC01302.jpg[/img][/url]

DSC01000.jpg

DSC01306.jpg

DSC01307.jpg

DSC01308.jpg

Only have completed base colours will be working on seats and extras soon. Work on covers and Edwards electronics at present.

Edited by tomcatemtom

DSC01181.jpg

Just detailing and scribing and working on the wings and fuel tanks. will show soon. placed a water wash through so you can see. Lot of rivets and scribing. Very easy though if you take your time. Zacto....... please make the taymia tomcat intakes next as I don't want to do this to the next one. picture below. will add more photos of the tomcat soon.

DSC01300.jpg

This is for the next tomcat.

Edited by tomcatemtom

DSC01232.jpg

DSC01235.jpg

DSC01233.jpg

would be great if verlinden would make these now as I really hate to scratch build. Love their work. so verlinden please hurry up with these two. you can always borrow mine if it speeds things up for you. lol

Edited by tomcatemtom