Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About delayar

  • Rank
    Tenax Sniffer (Open a window!)
  • Birthday 09/21/1976

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
  • ICQ

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Vienna, Austria

Recent Profile Visitors

6,567 profile views
  1. Looks great! Markus
  2. Painting continues. Here, the underside is already painted with MRP Light Ghost Grey, upper surfaces with MRP Dark Ghost Grey First stages of a light weathering: On pictures, the original aircraft has barely any signs of waethering. The bottom has yet to receive some more weathering. The tails are peinted and decaled. Som light touch ups are necessary. Cheers, Markus
  3. Hi Folks, I finally found time to continue this build. I applied a base coat and did the preshading: I also started with the ordnance: The items are not yet flat coated. All are from a Tamiya F-16 kit. Cheers, Markus
  4. I continued with the assembly of the fuselage. I decided not to follow the instructions and first glued top and bottom halves together before joining forward and main fuselage. I also attached the wings to the upper fuselage first to get a nice transition between fuselage and wing top surface. After attaching the forwar fuselage, filling and sanding started. And the fuselage is ready: Cockpit parts added: On the bottom, I accidentially removed the location bar from the right wing outboard pylon, so I had to drill registration holes. With the leading edge flaps, flap hinges and canopy installed, the Super Hornet is ready for some paint: Cheers, Markus
  5. Hi! Yes, these are decals on the cockpit instruments. From Afterburner decals. Also yes to the QB seat. This is for the F-14D, although both seats have the same canopy breakers. They are the same height as the kit ones and fit the SH perfectly. Cheers, Markus
  6. Hi Folks! I recently started a build of a Hasegawa F/A-18E Super Hornet in the Anniversary Scheme of 2010. kit: Hasegawa 1/48 Decals: Afterburner Decals "East Coast SuperBug CAGs" and Afterburner Decals "Super Hornet Upgrade Set Aftermarket: Quickboost Seat Quickboost ECS vents Phase Hangar seamless intakes Eduard GBU-38 Tamiya AIM-9X, AIM-120 and GBU-12 (from the F-16 kit) I started with the cokpit, using the decals from the Afterburner Upgrade set. They are marvelous, although I am not sure if the grey color is correct... The Quickboost seat with paint and decals: The fuselage required some surgery to fit the Quickboost bard stacks: The small gaps are filled with CA, and will be invisible under the paint. I fitted the fuselage sides and intake lips before attaching the seamless intakes to get a good alignment of the parts. I carefully fitted the intakes to prevent gaps between the intake parts. As they now floated above the wheel wells and were held only by a small amount of CA at the front, I added support struts and secured them with epoxy glue behind the intake fans: looks good so far: Cheers, Markus
  7. Fantastic work! I am happy if achieve this level of detail in 1/48, but you do it on a smaller scale yet! Looking forward to the finished build! Cheers, Markus
  8. The decals are still available! Prices are negotiable 😉 Cheers, Markus
  9. Yes, it is a pity. According to F-16.net, the airframe is still flying. However, since 2014 it wears the standard grey paint scheme. The F-16 solo display team flew their last display in 2014 and was disbanded at the end of 2018 😞 Cheers, Markus
  10. I can only concure to the above statements. It would be incredible in 1/32, it is even more astounding what level of detail you acchieve in 1/48. Cheers, Markus
  11. I don't think so. It just doesn't look so bad from this perspective. Cheers, Markus
  12. Interesting to see this build. Seems there is about the same amount of filling and sanding as for the Hasegawa kit. Cheers, Markus
  13. Looking fantastic! Cheers, Markus
  • Create New...