Big shout out to Airfix for replacement parts

So, I got round to an old out of production Airfix Short Sunderland - for my 6 year old. He has been waiting a long time for it. Found that one of the outrigger float struts was missing. I wrote to airfix to ask what I needed to do to get a replacement part. They state a 28 day turn round for emails, so I wasn't expecting a reply soon. Today, I got the part in the post, sent all the way from the UK to Australia. Excellent stuff.

So, I got round to an old out of production Airfix Short Sunderland - for my 6 year old. He has been waiting a long time for it. Found that one of the outrigger float struts was missing. I wrote to airfix to ask what I needed to do to get a replacement part. They state a 28 day turn round for emails, so I wasn't expecting a reply soon. Today, I got the part in the post, sent all the way from the UK to Australia. Excellent stuff.

Had a somewhat similar but unsatisfactory experience myself. Had a canopy part for their 1/72 109E cracked down the centre. Emailed Saturday Australian time, and an email in response came on Monday evening (which means they responded almost as soon as they started work Monday)

So far, so very good. Unfortunately it was to cost me 3 pounds, which could only be paid by credit card and international telephone call, or by an international cheque. Either would cost well more than just buying another kit for the part. Not really Hornby's fault because the cost is really just postage but illustrates that as good as they are it's not always possible to make everything good.

Shane

I lost the nose cone for my Tiffy, emailed Airfix about it. They never replied to the email but about a week later a small box showed up at my door, and it was a new nose cone. Can only say great things about that kind of service, I just wish it were more universal!

I picked up the 1/48 Gloster Javelin and found that I was missing one of the nose-gear well walls and I contacted Airfix to request a replacement part. I received great communication and the part in eth mail free of charge and in good time, too.

I was very impressed with Airfix and they have given me good cause to keep purchasing their kits. Had I received poor service, I may not be so willing to keep up my purchases. Hats-off to Airfix Customer Support! Well done!

I was missing the cowling from the 1/48 scale GWH TBD-1 Devastator. This particular part comes in it's own very small sealed plastic Bag. The parent company is Lion Roar. I contacted them via email in China, as well as the European Rep. Within two weeks time I received not one, but two cowling, free of charge, and they covered all postage. Talk about great service.

Joel