de Havilland Vampire T.11

My comeback to the scale modeling after 15 years long break. I got this kit from my friend and I had to promise it will be OOB build. I had great mentors while building and enough of courage to bring it to the model show competition, even if it has many flaws. Surprisingly, my build was awarded as a highly commended build which means a great commitment for me. I hope you like it ;)

IMG_3239.JPG

IMG_3240.JPG

IMG_3241.JPG

IMG_3242.JPG

Edited by Iceman8241

Thanks janman! Actually, this is my best kit so far. Scale modeling evolved so much and there's the internet, so the knowledge out there. I just had to keep asking and coming back to the bench. It's the Airfix, lovely kit, near perfect fitting, easy to assemble. They know what they're doing, the engineering is top-notch.

Iceman,

Welcome back. Only 15 years. Heck, I was away for almost 30 years. Talk about how things have changed. Sure looks like a rock solid OOB build. Excellent NMF, and perfect decaling. And of course congratulations on your award. I'm sure it's the 1st of many.

Joel

Iceman,

Welcome back. Only 15 years. Heck, I was away for almost 30 years. Talk about how things have changed. Sure looks like a rock solid OOB build. Excellent NMF, and perfect decaling. And of course congratulations on your award. I'm sure it's the 1st of many.

Joel

Thank you very much Joel. I'll try to keep up on my next projects :) I'm about to start the Tamyia F4D-1 Skyray at 1/72 scale.

Yeah, the Arfix kit is a real gem. Mine was a kind of relaxed build between a bigger project, but surely this kit can be a perfect media for a nice comeback as well!

I'd recommend this kit to anyone who want to start again. Apart of the NMF, which is a tricky part here. I was lucky enough to have great modelers around me who provided excelent hints.

• 1 month later...