I just won this one on eBay last night. I've been wanting one of these (and the Gazelle) for a long time. Anyone got links to an online review or two. Yes, I could (and will) do a Google, but I was hoping someone would have a good review in mind already...

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTEwMFgxNTYz/z/-EsAAOSwBvNTrJvp/$_57.JPG

Edited by DonSS3

Hi

No review links per say but I have familiar with this kit. It's not really 1/48 in scale a tad smaller. Pretty basic interior you get a bench seat in the back as with three individual seats in the front with a basic panel and two control sticks......engine is pretty basic as with the rotors and shaft.........gear struts are on the thin side and the wheels and tyres a bit thin too......in my opinion it's better then the heller offering and with some additional work, you can do wonders to it.....the basis is all there .....nothing a couple of good reference and time to make it a good representitation of a good Alouette III.....the boxing you got is the one with French/Malaysian and Isreali markings........they also had two other boxings which was the Dannish Navy and the Japense Fire Service ......the original Fujimi box arts are lovely.......but I believe yours is a reboxed version........the Japanese Fire service version can still be obtained currently of the shelf ....as it was rereleased fairly recently.

So far, it's the only game in town and as mentioned, can be built into a good representation.......One of my mate did build one with some additional work.....not too long ago and you can see the build process here....lot give you an idea of what is involved.....

http://z12.invisionfree.com/ScaleModelsMalaysia/index.php?showtopic=7857

hope it's of help to you.......the gazelle is fairly similar......once again it had various boxings and Fujimi really had great box art.......

Rgds and Happy Modelling

Mr b

As mentioned it has issues but is workable, am currently working on a Canadian Coast Guard version with floats.

The main issue is the flatness of the fuselage, it should be more round on the top.

Regards,

Chris

As mentioned it has issues but is workable, am currently working on a Canadian Coast Guard version with floats.

The main issue is the flatness of the fuselage, it should be more round on the top.

Regards,

Chris

Exactly! And to make matters worse: the overdone flatness is also on the frontal window part so filling or modifying its shape would be a difficult task...

My kit arrived yesterday. I was a little surprised at how small it is. And you guys are right, it is pretty basic. The decals are unusable, though. Are there any aftermarket decals for said kit? Or at

NY aftermarket bits at all for it?

TIA

Thanks, Bruce. I'm leaning towards on overall Blue Aeronavale version at the moment, assuming I can find decals...

This is the one I won on eBay:

FujimiAlouetteIII1s_zps5cec3e93.jpg

A little out of register and they've got that "dried out" look which generally doesn't bode well for usability...

FujimiAlouetteIII3s_zps08bd92f2.jpg