CWH Lanc arrives in the UK

Gents,

The arrival didn't go as planned but the Canadian Warbird Heritage Lancaster made it to RAF Coningsby early this afternoon, despite landing in the middle of a thunderstorm. The planned arrival was to be with the BBMF Lanc, Spit and Hurricane, plus the Red Arrows flying over the top but they were all scrubbed due to the heavy storms that covered the UK this afternoon. The arrival was delayed with C-GVRA holding to the North but with them understandably keen to get the aircraft on the deck the formation was cancelled and C-GVRA came straight in under the storm.

IMG_9792.jpg

IMG_9797.jpg

IMG_9816.jpg

Sorry about how bad they are but the conditions had to be seen to be believed!

IMG_9886.jpg

IMG_9934.jpg

IMG_9957.jpg

IMG_33161.jpg

Couldn't get the whole thing in, let alone pairing it up with the BBMF Lanc that was behind as I don't have a proper wide angle and the BBMF hangar is right by the fence.

IMG_33031.jpg

Despite all the RAF formalities going on in the hangar amidst all the official guests, it was nice to see the crew come straight out and have a chat with the public onlookers by the fence. There must have been several thousand people gather to welcome the CWH.

Just one of the resident blow torchs from a few hours earlier - see the difference in the weather!

IMG_9726.jpg

Gary

Edited by gary1701

Excellent pics Gary.

I was in Scotland and simply couldn`t believe I was hearing a Lancaster high overhead...and surely that wasn`t twin tails!

However, when I got home, I saw the story that the Lanc had flown in via Iceland and I realised the eyes and ears are still in pretty good working order, hurrah! :woot.gif:

Thanks again for the excellent pics

Cheers, Ian