CD48078 - AF-2 Guardian

• 2 weeks later...

A former Navy Pilot, Bob Starret, was my biology teacher in high school back in the 70's. He flew Panthers (too small for that big guy- tiny cockpit, he lamented) and Guardians- I believe the radar birds. Much more comfy in the "office!" He recalled losing a squadron mate in the Bermuda Triangle- a lengthy search turned up only a single gear leg held afloat on a mat of sargassum. Any info on his service or planes available? The release of this kit has only now jogged my memories of him. A great teacher, a good guy, and a friend to his students.

I will receive the printed decals today - they are too late for this batch and will not be released until mid-June, but I will post photos as soon as I can unpack them.

Can not wait to get my hands on these.

• 2 weeks later...

I just received the second page. This completes the set, although I will probably wait until my June batch is complete to start selling these. It should happen in the next 2-3 weeks.

af2p2.jpg

af2p1.jpg

Edited by KursadA
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks really, really good! I can't wait to get paint on mine and start applying decals. Good review of the kit as well. I would like to mention for those that are interested, that replacing the main wheels with ones off of an TBM won't make the model anymore accurate than it already is, at least wheel style that is. The TBM has the same 8 spoke wheel as the kits and the kit wheels are pretty well done.

• 2 weeks later...

I received my decals and they are very nice! One thing I really like is that the small Bu Nu on the tail are the same size as the ones on your S2F (blue) sheet. This will help out a lot when building airplanes that are not covered on the sheet, espeically the late model S2F-1s (the 136xxx bu Nu). I'm going to be ordering more of these sheets.

I received my decals and they are very nice! One thing I really like is that the small Bu Nu on the tail are the same size as the ones on your S2F (blue) sheet. This will help out a lot when building airplanes that are not covered on the sheet, espeically the late model S2F-1s (the 136xxx bu Nu). I'm going to be ordering more of these sheets.

• 5 months later...

Are you planing another Guardian decal sheet with grey/white colored aircrafts?

I don't have another Guardian sheet planned, sorry. I was only able to get a couple of grey/white AF photos and they were all -3 versions which require some modification to the kit.

This has been a very, very successful sheet and I expect it to sell out in a few months. I will reconsider if I find more photos or someone does a -3 conversion.

Edited by KursadA
  • 3 weeks later...