Mitsubishi F-2b 50 anniversary

Looking real nice there :D

Blue tac is a nice and easy masking method....nice soft borders yet distinct and not feathered.

A trick to make the color look freashly painted is to shade the border of the cammo with dark grey or black and then shoot the cammo color. It gives a nice frame that looks like a freshly painted color border.

Sheer beauty! Awesome work!

How did you keep the CA from fogging the canopy?

Thnx Major Walt, Future is the key!! Chuck wrote a great post about this and I just followed what he said, he even did an experiment to prove it, but you better take a look at it following THIS LINK and you'll get the whole explanation!!!

A trick to make the color look freashly painted is to shade the border of the cammo with dark grey or black and then shoot the cammo color. It gives a nice frame that looks like a freshly painted color border.

Janne I didn't know about this and I'm kinda lost in translation, wouldn't you have a picture of it? if it's what I'm thinking I would've love to do it, but I will definatly do it on further builds!!

Thanks for watching folks, is really nice to have your comments!!

Glosscote and some decals have been applied

IMG_2894_zps3il3sic8.jpg

IMG_2893_zpsc8m6wkyn.jpg

IMG_2870_zpsfcsmw1t6.jpg

IMG_2848_zpshhsdvggf.jpg

A ground crew set has been added to model, both vehicles are gonna be with the plane and some figures, this is the first time painting a non flying vehicle!

IMG_3082_zpspvcpinka.jpg

IMG_3197_zps9mw7tdxn.jpg

IMG_3200_zps0hvy6aez.jpg

IMG_3203_zps361qybcd.jpg

So far this has been a really fun model to build, first time for lots of things and oportunity to try a couple of things I've learned! just my kind of modeling!! having fun is what this hobby is all about!

• 2 weeks later...

Been working on figures (lots of them) and support vehicles, guessing and trying lots of different things to use on future models, I think the result is acceptable so far, far from top notch but certainly an improvement from past builds

IMG_3449_zpsh4i6fm6i.jpg

IMG_3448_zpsmxhynptj.jpg

IMG_3447_zpsivcfjoyt.jpg

IMG_3439_zpswvcztj4h.jpg

IMG_3452_zpszxxwgytp.jpg

Hope you like it

Hey Kike. Like many other WIP's here on ARC, I have been lurking on your build too. It's just not fair!...... your work here makes me want to get the F-2B as well (I already have a "ton" of other kits to do!). It looks fantastic! :thumbsup: I especially like how your paint turned out and the decal set! Your painting is quite masterful. I am looking forward to your next update.

-Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Kike. Like many other WIP's here on ARC, I have been lurking on your build too. It's just not fair!...... your work here makes me want to get the F-2B as well (I already have a "ton" of other kits to do!). It looks fantastic! :thumbsup:/> I especially like how your paint turned out and the decal set! Your painting is quite masterful. I am looking forward to your next update.

-Mark

Thank you very much Mark, comming from you this is a great compliment!!! I do really appreciate!!

More of an update this is a request for some info, how these vehicles work? I mean what do they do and what are the black hoses for?, my friend would like to have them "plugged" to the plane but I have absolutely no idea how they attach to the planes if someone has pictures it would be awesome!!

Finished support vehicles

IMG_3835_zpsgmi3jt5a.jpg

IMG_3832_zpshpng9hlk.jpg

IMG_3834_zps3tdw4foe.jpg

IMG_3939_zpswuspyvco.jpg

IMG_3941_zpsn2anrwzc.jpg

The rest is beeing taken care of too buy mostly decals, as usual on Japaneesse jets there are lots and lots of them!

LIBBY%20WELDING%20AM%20MDL%2032A-60%20AIR%20START%20CART%20GPU.jpg

I am guessing here but, I think one of the items you have is called a "start cart" as pictured above. Here is a link to some info on the "start cart."

A/M32A-60B GENERATOR SET

It's essentially a generator used by ground crew to start aircraft (the F-4 Phantom II being one of them). Knowing this you may be able to find more images on the net to see how they were hooked up to jets. Your progress is fantastic. I really enjoy the figures too! Hope the above info helps. Looking forward to more!

P.S. You need to give that guy in the beret chrome lenses for his shades!! Haha :thumbsup2:

Edited by taggor
  • 5 months later...

Finally after a long time I got to do something on this build! life's getting in the way of my building stuff so it's going reeally slowly! I'm so close to finish it!

Here a rather poor attempt on making a "samurai" pilot, but I'm quite happy with the result! still some small touches left but pretty much the idea. I know is not accurate by any means but it was fun! I just need half a day to finish it and I'll post the final pics! hopefully soon

z_zpsqev7htlg.jpg

zzzz_zpsrhtkm8hr.jpg

zzz_zps6sbjtsyj.jpg

zz_zpsoodrcogf.jpg

Regards

Thnx JackMan! that´s one of the "small touches" still trying to make it work and look "nice"

IMG_2193_zps21cfcb1a.jpg

One of the tests....

Thanks for pointing it out!