Tamiya flat base + Future??

I used Vallejo model color and then covered with Future to protect the finish as Vallejo is very fragile however I need a flat finish.

Thanks

I do not have Flat clear on hand.

Thanks

Why on earth do you want to do that? You have a flat base already. What is the point of mixing it with Future?

Flat Base is intended to be added to Tamiya Clear Gloss, not used on its own.

To answer the initial question: Yes. For ratios, see Swanny's site.

Hey Folks, I'll add one more bit of info on using Tamiya's Flat Base with Future. Swanny's guide is a great starting point. But, it's just what it says it is, a guide. There are several other factors that come into play, such as humidity, temperature, your airbrush, etc. Imagine this: You have just spent a couple of months on a commission build. You have showed it to your client, and the client is happier than pigs in poop. All you have left is the flat coat. Just spray on your mixture of Future and Tamiya Flat Base, mixed as suggested. No Problem, you spray away. You put it in a dustproof place to let your flat base dry and cure. You have your client come over for "The Unveiling." Ready, ONE, TWO, THREE AND Wala! OH shoot, big problem! Where did that white frost come from? Swanny's mix was right on. Bad batch of Flat Base, Future, etc.? My point, mix up what you want, according to Swanny's guide. Then spray onto a dummy piece. I normally try my Tamiya/Flat Base mixture on a piece of plastic that has the same color and gloss coat that my model has. Good Luck!!!

Edited by balls47