1/48 A-10C Cockpit?

Howdy, gents!

I'm sure this has been done before, but I missed the comm. Is there anyone in the know on these boards that can advise if there is a 1/48 A-10C cockpit in the works? I've got everything else I need to build one but the freaking cockpit. I'm kind a an aftermarket fan. I'm not real enthused about scratch building one either. Can anyone shed some light on this for me, please? Thanks, killers!

Masterguns

• 4 weeks later...

bump....further, can anyone provide Shawn Hull's e-mail address? PM is fine. I think he was the only one to make an A-10C detail/update set that might contain the IP. Thank you.

Heads up, gents. I spoke with an Eduard rep today & she said that a cockpit & external photoetch set has been released today. Look for it in the shops in a couple of days I would guess.

It would appear that the set is a PE set for the cockpit and exterior designed for the Italeri kit. Did you happen to get any word if they were planning a PE set that will work with the Hobby Boss 1/48 kit?

-Mark

Edited by taggor

It would appear that the set is a PE set for the cockpit and exterior designed for the Italeri kit. Did you happen to get any word if they were planning a PE set that will work with the Hobby Boss 1/48 kit?

-Mark

Sorry, Mark. I forgot to mention that these sets were designed for the Italeri "A-10C" kit. The CS rep did not mention anything about sets designed for other 1/48 Warthog kits since I was specifically asking about the Italeri kit. Please e-mail: support@eduard.com They will reply to you within a day or two with that info.

The IP area doesn't look right to me for an A-10C. Isn't the IP and coaming cut back on the sides? The instructions look like it just has you bend some pieces over the kit's A-10A parts and gives you an IP with the digital displays. Maybe I am looking at it wrong?

http://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/49728.pdf

It's not just a new IP, the control stick now looks like it's also out of an F-16.

In fact it is taken from the F-16! The throttle has been "enhanced" as well to deliver true HOTAS to the hog driver.

-Mark

Edited by taggor

Sorry, Mark. I forgot to mention that these sets were designed for the Italeri "A-10C" kit. The CS rep did not mention anything about sets designed for other 1/48 Warthog kits since I was specifically asking about the Italeri kit. Please e-mail: support@eduard.com They will reply to you within a day or two with that info.

No worries Gunny! Thanks for the update. I wouldn't have known about Eduard's new A-10C bits if you hadn't posted about it. So thanks! .... and thanks for the e-mail address.

-Mark

In fact it is taken from the F-16! The throttle has been "enhanced" as well to deliver true HOTAS to the hog driver.

-Mark

So I guess we are still waiting for a correct A-10C cockpit, then. Frustrating <_<

-Mark

They just added a switch and modified some of the other switches. Nothing that could be seen even in 1/32nd scale.

So I guess we are still waiting for a correct A-10C cockpit, then. Frustrating <_</>/>/>/>/>

They just added a switch and modified some of the other switches. Nothing that could be seen even in 1/32nd scale.

Sorry fella's I had meant only to comment on the actual A-10's new(er) flight controls. Not as a complaint about the current offerings of AM mfg's A-10 related cockpit parts.

However, from my current experience, which is limited to only those AM mfg's parts I have chosen to use with my own project, even the current crop of "A" cockpit parts in 1/48 doesn't satisfy the "correct" or "drop in" requirements (subjective to what those two words mean to each individual) but, they sure beat having to make all of the changes from scratch! So with an eye toward a "C" variant in 1/48 with what is currently available, it's pretty cool that Eduard did make this "C" kit which is a big plus from having to make the "C" IP from scratch or modify an "A" IP. You can easily source an F-16 stick. Only the IP combing would be a bit of a head scratch at the moment.

I have to give a "big plug" for Harold at AMS resin though because he does offer those three fixes for the CE cockpit in 1/32 and they are absolutely beautiful. Even though the kit that they go in is well.... you know. You both probably saw the IP in Chuck Sawyer's 1/32 A-10C build.

So.... enough of my "blabbing" and "my 2c's"....... sorry about the confusion of my earlier post and my apologies to Gunny for the unintentional hijack.

-Mark