Muroc Models 1/72 supercritical wing conversion.

Has anyone seen Murocs 1/72 F-8 Supercritical wing conversion for the 1/72 Academy kit? It obviously has a complete new wing and I'm guessing a replacement fuselage too.

Tom

Edited by Tom

Thanks, X-Plane Fan. How would you rate the resin castings of the main and forward wing? I have his Digital Fly by Wire conversion in 1/72 which has a couple of pieces in common with this conversion and they're very nice, so.......

Cheers,

Tom

Kind of curious too. Muroc Models isn't known for quality castings IIRC.

I wouldn't agree with that, necessarily. I have his 1/48 F-8C and 1/72 DFBW conversions. I have the left/right nose halves of the 1/48 F-8C conversion attached to the Hasegawa F-8E fuselage and the resin detail is every bit as good as the original kit plastic and they lined up perfectly. I am going to be buying his 1/48 F-8A conversion and am also considering the 1/72 F-8 SCW set as well. The two sets that I do have look great.

Cheers,

Tom

Where do you guys buy them from?

-Dave

Dave,

I purchased mine directly from David Newman. He doesn't have a web site so we usually just post his email addy so that you can contact him directly. It's newmanispwest at yahoo dot com. I also believe you can/could get them from The AFFTC gift shop but I don't know anything about how that works.

Cheers,

Tom

Merry Christmas to all.

Sorry for the delayed response, we have been off visiting family. Thank you to everyone for their kind comments.

Muroc Models does 1/72nd (Academy F-8E) and 1/144th (Platz) conversions for NASA's F-8A SCW. The 1/72nd kit represents the early configuration without the "Area Rule" bulges on the fuselage. This was painted several shades of white and off-white as shown on the box above. The 1/144th set gives the better known later configuration with "Area Rule" bulges and a blue and white paint scheme. The kits are based on period photos, photos of the aircraft as currently on display and measurements of the aircraft. The 1/144th has a replacement fuselage the 1/72 kit has a replacement for the F-8A nose. Doing the blue and white version in 1/72nd and/or 1/48th are possible future projects.

It is official Muroc Models policy to do the best job possible of hiding our products from the public. That way I can spend more time working on new projects and less time casting older projects. The next two new kits should be a couple of WW! US flying boats, the HS-1L and HS-2L by Curtis. The HS-2L can be seen in the Classic Aviation Forum.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=286261

I am also working on a 1/72nd conversion for the YRB-49A.

To order, most people email me at newmanispwest at yahoo dot com. Payment is often via PayPal.

David Newman

Muroc models

Thanks for the open-box view and Muroc's detail.I see that decals are included in the SCW box.I'm more interested in "classic" Crouze, -8A and -8C, is it the same for them?To my knowledge, there's some aftermarket decals for the C, but not for the A.

Merry Christmas to all.

Sorry for the delayed response, we have been off visiting family. Thank you to everyone for their kind comments.

Muroc Models does 1/72nd (Academy F-8E) and 1/144th (Platz) conversions for NASA's F-8A SCW. The 1/72nd kit represents the early configuration without the "Area Rule" bulges on the fuselage. This was painted several shades of white and off-white as shown on the box above. The 1/144th set gives the better known later configuration with "Area Rule" bulges and a blue and white paint scheme. The kits are based on period photos, photos of the aircraft as currently on display and measurements of the aircraft. The 1/144th has a replacement fuselage the 1/72 kit has a replacement for the F-8A nose. Doing the blue and white version in 1/72nd and/or 1/48th are possible future projects.

It is official Muroc Models policy to do the best job possible of hiding our products from the public. That way I can spend more time working on new projects and less time casting older projects. The next two new kits should be a couple of WW! US flying boats, the HS-1L and HS-2L by Curtis. The HS-2L can be seen in the Classic Aviation Forum.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=286261

I am also working on a 1/72nd conversion for the YRB-49A.

To order, most people email me at newmanispwest at yahoo dot com. Payment is often via PayPal.

David,

In your list I was looking for the NF-104A in 1/72 scale but I only found the JF-104, is that the rocket powered one that Yeager crashed?

Thanks, if so my order will be heading your way.

Roberto

David Newman

Muroc models

Thanks for the open-box view and Muroc's detail.I see that decals are included in the SCW box.I'm more interested in "classic" Crouze, -8A and -8C, is it the same for them?To my knowledge, there's some aftermarket decals for the C, but not for the A.

I don't know of any decals for an F-8A either. Furball does an F-8 Mig Masters sheet in 1/72 and 1/48 which covers several F-8C's and F-8E's. I believe there is even the odd F-8D and F-8H in there too. Cutting Edge also did a 1/48 set for an F-8C of VF-84.

Tom

Thanks Tom,

I already have Furball's sheet in both scale, and also a Zotz sheet in 1/32 together with trumpeter's F-8E and Fisher's conversion to a -8C from VF-111, the MiG killer flown by Tony Nargi.

What's missing is something to dress a -8A, unless there's something provided in Muroc's conversion.

Antoine,

You will have to haunt eBay or the want and disposal forums for them, but Microscale did at least two sheets with F8U-1's on them: 72-301 with VF-32; and 72-493 with VF-142

http://modelingmadness.com/scott/decals/super/ss72301.htm

http://modelingmadness.com/scott/decals/super/ss72493.htm

It would be nice, though, if manufacturers of both kits and decals would get over the notion that only the F-8E and J are worth modeling. There are some spectacular schemes for early Crusaders that never see the light of day because there are no kits to put them on and few decal producers are willing to risk putting a set of markings on a sheet for which there is not a specific kit. The only reason there are C markings available is because some MiG kills were made with the C. A properly designed kit would allow any early version or derivative from the A to the L. Sword, are you listening?

Cheers,

Tom