F-15J from Pit Road

I have found this model suddenly, and I would like to know is it the same as F-15C from GWH, except decals?

765287-14481-23.jpg

Second thing - I can not find any picture of this kit, so I wonder if everything is fine with correctness of detail, like in GWH F-15B/D.

I believe so, because if it is really just F-15C, all raising doubts parts should be replaced by corrected ones.

Do you know something about that and this kit?

Edited by Solo

Pit Road and GWH have a close relationship, so I'd say it's a 99.9% probability it's the GWH kit. Don't know about specifics. GWH has a habit of putting their corrected parts in all subsequent issues of the kits they've made corrections on, so I see no reason to think this one would have the original inaccurate parts.

When I was looking into getting an F-15 kit, I ran across GWH and Pit-Road and they are the same product.

Pit-Road is a Japanese company and they use OEM GWH parts the same way that Ace Corporation (S. Korean Company) uses OEM Revell parts...

You can check out the Pit-Road sprues here: Pit-Road F-15J JASDF

The kits are modified the F-15J MSIP Great Wall kits so not correct for a C if you want to split hairs.

I have like 6 but not sure if it comes with the parts to do a standard C in the box or if they where gated out on the sprues.

You will definitely be missing missiles as it comes with AAM-3's.

Beautiful kit and JASDF simply have the best Eagle schemes going(sorry USAF dudes).

According to Road Pit manual and Lucky Model pictures of this "J", there should be inside the box all necessary parts for C:

- proper radome

- proper flaps and ailerons

- there are even proper faces of compressors for engines (in "C" box those parts are wrong - suitable only for F-15E with F100-PW-229 engines, not for -220 engines used in modern "C")

- proper antena for vertical stabiliser

- pylons and sensors/antennas suitable for "C" are also visible on those pictures.

The only thing missing is tail boom, different for japan F-15, but in "C" box this part is wrong - it is suitable for "E" aircraft, but this can be easily corrected...

Of course there are missing decals and weapons for used by USAF, but we have Eduard and Brassin, plus a lot of decals from aftermarket.

The kits are modified the F-15J MSIP Great Wall kits so not correct for a C if you want to split hairs.

I have like 6 but not sure if it comes with the parts to do a standard C in the box or if they where gated out on the sprues.

You will definitely be missing missiles as it comes with AAM-3's.

Beautiful kit and JASDF simply have the best Eagle schemes going(sorry USAF dudes).

Both cockpit IP's are in the J, so you can build both early and late Eagles from it.