1/48 gwh f-15i to f-15e

Hi,

Interesting read that, especially as I'm one of the guys who photographs from the fence. I remember being on the 24 approach with my trusty old film camera one afternoon during the early 90's when one of these delivery flights was due. It seemed a bit odd to have a flight of four, two F-15I's for Israel and two F-15S's for Saudi in the same flight. If I remember rightly the damn cloud came over and messed the pics up. As usual, they all carried roughly applied USAF insignia. A flight of Saudi F-15SA's went through only a couple of weeks ago and carried USAF 'star and bar'.

Gary

Edited by gary1701

Hi Aaron,

I didn't see them I'm afraid. They came in on a Saturday and I knew they were coming but they're arrival time slipped to evening on a day of bad weather so didn't bother going over. It was the day after our new Foreign Secretary had just made some uncomplimentary comments about the Saudi's which were doing the rounds in the press and I did wonder if such a routine operation would suddenly be all over the media but thankfully no.

Here's a picture thread by somebody who did brave the conditions that day;

http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=140270

Gary

On December 29, 2016 at 5:52 AM, Mr Matt Foley said:

Thanks for the story. It makes a layperson like myself understand the "culture" of the ground crews and sounds fascinating. Do you or anyone else have a photo of the emblem? Just curious to see one if it's possible. Maybe, just maybe, there is someone wild enough to scratch build it for an engine removed from the aircraft..........?

Here is what it looked like

image.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2016 at 10:32 PM, adamitri said:

The wso left circut breaker area is wrong from the "I" to an "E". Everything else is in the box shaded not to be used in the instructions. The kit has AIM-120'S but not AIM-9's. Dont use the called for exhausts. 

So, can anyone who has the F-15I box confirm this? I trust adamitri but just wanted to double sure... I am planning to buy two of these and keep one as "I" and build the other one as "E". 

37 minutes ago, foxmulder_ms said:

So, can anyone who has the F-15I box confirm this? I trust adamitri but just wanted to double sure... I am planning to buy two of these and keep one as "I" and build the other one as "E". 

Google f-15e rear cockpit. You will see what its supposed to look like. Steve bamford has a couple pics on google

4 hours ago, foxmulder_ms said:

The I model initial aircraft deliveries had the same C/B panel located in the aft cockpit, I am pretty sure the configuration has not changed that mich as the newer E models had the same aft cockpit pretty much except avionics changes to same configuration.