ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
757flyer

New JASDF Transport Camo Colors

Does anyone know what the specific colors are for the new JASDF grey/blue camo scheme?

https://www.planespotters.net/photo/1042923/45-1074-japan-air-self-defence-force-jasdf-lockheed-c-130h-hercules-l-382

https://www.planespotters.net/photo/724788/68-1203-japan-air-self-defence-force-jasdf-kawasaki-c-2

I assume they are indigenous Japanese colors (i.e. NOT FS-Standard).  The overall light blue of the previous C-130 scheme was specified as S28-852, but the lower blue on this new scheme almost looks a touch paler...  Does anyone know of good color matches for these new colors?  I have the Gunze Mr. Color recommended mixes from the Aoshima C-2 kit instructions, but wanted to check to see if anyone had ventured to try to match them from other paint lines...

Thanks!

On 2/23/2020 at 12:03 AM, JackMan said:

Maybe the upcoming Hasegawa kit might have the colors:

Yeah, I am sure Hasegawa will have their own mix as well.  Trying to get a project in a different scale finished up and released before the Hasey kit comes out.

The interesting thing is that on the C-2s, the colors can look like they are all pure grays in some photos, and have distinct blue and purple hues to them in others.  I know photos will always have variations in colors, but the C-2 photos really cover a wide spectrum of differences.  The photos I have seen of the C-130 in the scheme (45-1074) pretty uniformly show the blue/purple tint.  The Aoshima kit does list the addition of Cobalt Blue to each color's mix.

Mike

Oh well, I guess gone are the days of mixing your own paints.

Think how much money you would save not having to buy every single tintlet for any different subtle variation of color.

I am looking at the countless pages of forums just to argue what are the correct shades for a Su-33, new, after two days under the sun, after three weeks under the sun but on a rainy day, if it was in the Caribbeans or homeported in Murmansk.

And it's the same for every other project out there.

Just look at the pictures and mix your own paints already, and if you are color blind it can be downright spectacular and you would not know the difference anyway.

On 2/24/2020 at 11:40 AM, 757flyer said:

Yeah, I am sure Hasegawa will have their own mix as well.  Trying to get a project in a different scale finished up and released before the Hasey kit comes out.

The interesting thing is that on the C-2s, the colors can look like they are all pure grays in some photos, and have distinct blue and purple hues to them in others.  I know photos will always have variations in colors, but the C-2 photos really cover a wide spectrum of differences.  The photos I have seen of the C-130 in the scheme (45-1074) pretty uniformly show the blue/purple tint.  The Aoshima kit does list the addition of Cobalt Blue to each color's mix.

Mike

Define "Cobalt Blue".

There are at least 10 different shades of cobalt blue at your arts and crafts store.

8 hours ago, hemspilot said:

Define "Cobalt Blue".

There are at least 10 different shades of cobalt blue at your arts and crafts store.

The Aoshima guide calls for Mr.Color #80 - Cobalt Blue

2 hours ago, 757flyer said:

The Aoshima guide calls for Mr.Color #80 - Cobalt Blue

Thanks