Basically, is the Revell 1/144 767

RV4216.jpg

compatible with these decals?

FC44039_1.jpg

The Revell kit is a 767-300ER, those Hawaiin Air 767s are (according to Airliners.net) 767-32A/ERs or 767-3CB/ERs and I have no idea what the difference is between them all! :wave:

I can't see a reason why they wouldn't be.

I agree with you (I think :lol: ). It's still 767-3xxER family...

But I don't know where are the differences between 3xx? Engines? Cockpit? Flight attendants? :wave:

Some must be...

Pavvel

The basic difference is;

B767-200 (short body)

B767-300 (longer body, tail skid, different door configuration based on original customer, NO raked wing tips)

B767-300ER (same as above with internal differences - bigger fuel tanks etc - NO raked wing tips)

B767-400 (Delta, Continental) (longest body, raked wing tips)

George,

current 767-300ER pilot

Nev, is this kit in SAS painting?

If it's true, I have to have this kit :wave:

Pavvel

Yep, heres the kits decal sheet

RV4216_1.jpg

Are you a fan of SAS?

George, thanks for clearing up the confusion, that helps a lot :lol:

Nev, is this kit in SAS painting?

If it's true, I have to have this kit 

Pavvel

If you had checked the pic of the box you can see a piece of the tail of SAS.

The Revell kit is a 767-300ER, those Hawaiin Air 767s are (according to Airliners.net) 767-32A/ERs or 767-3CB/ERs and I have no idea what the difference is between them all!

Those codes behind the type of aircraft, in this case 2A and CB indicaties which Airline the plane first bought. For example the new 747-400ERF and 777-200ER from KLM, Royal Dutch Airlines, have the code 06.

Nev,

The only thing to watch out for on the 767-300 doing the Hawiian scheme is door configuartions.

I believe there are two different dorr configs for the 767 and Hawiian has both.

So check registraions and Pictures to compare over at www.airliners.net. Thats what I'm doing.

cheers :thumbsup:

Andy

IIRC there's more than 2 possible door config's on the 767 I had posted a reply the other week on a different subject and whilst researching the answer came across a load of 767 pic's and I'm sure I counted 4 different config's.

As has already been said, check your references!

Eng

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

You also should count the windows on each side, since that is what results from internal changes. Makes no sense to have a window in a lavatory or galley. Depending on where that is located, some windows are covered up with sheet metal, while others still may be open, as compared to different sub-types.

On the subject of window counting, I bought the Revell 767-300 intending to do a BA 767, but on seeing the SAS scheme went for that (and just bought another on to do the BA scheme :cheers::wave: !!!).

When I started looking at reference's I eventually ended up filling 4 window's and oppening up another 4 on each fuselage half!! Alot of work but atleast I know it's right now. :unsure:

Eng,

:crying:

Hehe, I'm the same :bobby: I wanna do this Hawaiian scheme, but then I just found a decal sheet for the 767 in that gorgeous new Aeroflot scheme :lol:

Ok, now that is a nice scheme.

Question then, where can I get that decal sheet and who makes it? Time to order up another 767 kit.

Christopher :monkeydance: