The F-105G didn’t come along until after they started camouflaging everything. The F-105F was natural metal before they painted the F-105 fleet silver around 1962. The markings on them were pretty generic, so it shouldn’t be too difficult to piece together something from a silver F-105D sheet.

Ben

First flight of F-105F model was June 1963. I believe all production two-seaters were delivered in silver lacquer finish, although I do recall the prototype F model first appeared in BMF, if only briefly.

This modeler would love to see an accurate, newly tooled Thud series in 1/48!

1 hour ago, RichB63 said:

First flight of F-105F model was June 1963. I believe all production two-seaters were delivered in silver lacquer finish, although I do recall the prototype F model first appeared in BMF, if only briefly.

that is correct from what I've read anyway. The camo was added in Thailand shortly after arrival. There were actually a few missions flown in a silver finish, but that also was the F105d. 

gary

4 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

105Fs didn’t start getting converted in 105Gs until 1967, so I doubt any F-105G ever flew combat in either NMF or the silver paint.

my reference was with the F105d and being delivered in a silver finish. You could add the F105f in there as well. The G came out later and was probably camo'd  in the states. Have never seen a photo of an un-camoed F105g ever. Still I've seen two different patterns. All around pattern and at least one with the light grey/blue lower. Think that one flew out of Georgia.

gary

3 minutes ago, ChesshireCat said:

my reference was with the F105d and being delivered in a silver finish. You could add the F105f in there as well. The G came out later and was probably camo'd  in the states. Have never seen a photo of an un-camoed F105g ever. Still I've seen two different patterns. All around pattern and at least one with the light grey/blue lower. Think that one flew out of Georgia.

gary

I wasn’t responding to your post.  I was responding to the OP who said he was doing a F-105G and was looking for bare metal decal sheets.

The first “family model,” 62-4412, shortly after roll out in mid 1963 - largely bare aluminum, with patches of aluminum lacquer paint on nose and tail sections...
XHxPUGb.jpg

...and a few months later, gracing the cover of AW&ST, still sporting the oversized air data test probe but with a full coat of silver paint...

KPYW3zt.jpg

On the other hand, plenty of D model Thuds (perhaps most) left the factory in bare aluminum (save for characteristic swaths of aluminum paint on nose and tail) and served both stateside and overseas “naked” during the early 1960’s...
AOMMKaA.jpg

WtCFIjS.jpg

Edited by RichB63
9 hours ago, LZ82 said:

There were no NMF or Silver Laquar G's...

Correct, and firmly established earlier in this thread.

To the extent the topic drifted slightly to include the treatment and finish of earlier model Thuds, I take full responsibility!

Edited by RichB63
20 hours ago, RichB63 said:

As would I Rich.

Marc.