Kittyhawk 1/35th MH-60S Question

I want to build this kit as an Army OIF Lima model.    I know it’s the only one that has the inlet sand filters, can anyone confirm if this kit also happens to include Army-spec chaff/flare dispensers and the missile warning sensors?   Also, does it have the older analog instrument panel?  

Edited by 11bee

The MH-60S kit contains all the previous MH-60L sprues, plus 7 (I think) more that contain the Navy-specific parts.  It also has two complete clear parts sprues (Army/USAF and USN).  With the MH-60S kit, you can build an Army MH-60L from it with no problem.

Edited by HeavyArty
9 minutes ago, HeavyArty said:

The MH-60S kit contains all the previous MH-60L sprues, plus 7 (I think) more that contain the Navy-specific parts.  I also has two complete clear parts sprues (Army/USAF and USN).  With the MH-60S kit, you can build an Army MH-60L from it with no problem.

Thank you Gino!

I have one that I plan on using to backdate to an early UH-60A using the left over open exhausts from the HH-60H kit.  That is/was the great part about the KH H-60 kits.  They did like Dragon and added extra sprues for different versions, and they are modular so you can mix and match parts from different kits to get different versions.

Order placed with Sprue Brothers.   Not thrilled about having to drop $135 on a model I won't be building for probably a year but it beats having to pay twice as much (or maybe more) on Ebay once current stock is depleted.     I also wonder if I should grab a few WW and Live Resin sets as well....  Anyone know if the WW UH-60L update set and the stencil decals will ever be available again?

On 6/4/2021 at 7:33 PM, 11bee said:

Order placed with Sprue Brothers.   Not thrilled about having to drop $135 on a model I won't be building for probably a year but it beats having to pay twice as much (or maybe more) on Ebay once current stock is depleted.     I also wonder if I should grab a few WW and Live Resin sets as well....  Anyone know if the WW UH-60L update set and the stencil decals will ever be available again?

I have been thinking on the same line. I dont really want to buy it but I had been thinking to order their MH-60R because in a few months time, it will be impossible to buy at a justifiable price. 

1 hour ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

Don't forget that Werner's Wings has a backdate set for the UH/MH-60A/L.

Floyd

On it!   Any update you can provide on whether you'll be restocking the H-60 stencils and the resin Upgrade set?

3 hours ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

The resin update I'm working on.  The stencils are a no go unless you buy the UH-60-Workhorse of the Army set.

Floyd

Does that set include stencils?   I'll be buying it regardless but didn't think it had the stencils included.  

6 hours ago, 11bee said:

Does that set include stencils?   I'll be buying it regardless but didn't think it had the stencils included.  

Yes it does.  I used to sell the stencils separately for those that want to do more from the sheet.  I found that not to be a good way to do it from a business point of view, because what would happen is I'd end up with a bunch of aircraft markings with no stencils.  You have to buy decals in batches of either 250 (Microscale) or 300 (Cartograf).  You can't just buy an extra 50 or 100 stencil sheets.  

Floyd

Edited by Floyd S. Werner, Jr.
On 6/8/2021 at 9:43 AM, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

The resin update I'm working on.  The stencils are a no go unless you buy the UH-60-Workhorse of the Army set.

Floyd

Floyd, just went on your website, this sheet shows as out of stock.  

Stupid question but can someone tell me if Lima’s have the rectangular folding horizontal stab with the hand holes or does it have the earlier tapered stab?

Edited by 11bee
2 hours ago, 11bee said:

Stupid question but can someone tell me if Lima’s have the rectangular folding horizontal stab with the hand holes or does it have the earlier tapered stab?

Standard UH-60A and UH-60L models have the pointy stabilator.  WW has one in his backdate set or you can use one left over from an Academy MH kit.

UH-60L

UH-60_2nd_Squadron,_2nd_Cavalry_Regiment

Edited by HeavyArty

The backdate set would be the way to go. The stabilator was 3d CAD'd by a former 60 crew chief using the dimensions of the square stabilator from the MH-60L kit.

The Academy stabilator is way out of size for the KH kit.

Go with the backdate set. It will be worth it!!!

Tim

12 hours ago, hawkwrench said:

The backdate set would be the way to go. The stabilator was 3d CAD'd by a former 60 crew chief using the dimensions of the square stabilator from the MH-60L kit.

The Academy stabilator is way out of size for the KH kit.

Go with the backdate set. It will be worth it!!!

Tim

Thanks Tim, order placed!   If Floyd is monitoring this thread, please let me know when your H-60 upgrade set and the decals are back in stock.  Also - let me know if you would consider selling the ballistic blankets from your MH-60L set as a separate item.   

John

Edited by 11bee
39 minutes ago, 11bee said:

Thanks Tim, order placed!   If Floyd is monitoring this thread, please let me know when your H-60 upgrade set and the decals are back in stock.  Also - let me know if you would consider selling the ballistic blankets from your MH-60L set as a separate item.   

John

The parts are supposed to be on the way to me this week so it shouldn't take long.

Floyd