OH58 experts, your knowledge is requested....

3 hours ago, Sarathi S. said:

Would PVA glue not work?

Not sure it would be thin or hold well enough. But I appreciate the suggestion though! 

2 hours ago, Tank said:

Future would work to prevent fogging with glue. You can also use Future to glue the part in.

Hadn’t thought of that. 
What are they calling that stuff these days? 

9 hours ago, SteveL said:

Hadn’t thought of that. 
What are they calling that stuff these days? 

I think this is the correct rebranding.

https://www.pledge.com/en-us/products/pledge-floor-gloss

You can also use Gator Glue or liquitex gloss gel medium to glue the part in. People use either for pe. 

18 minutes ago, midnightprowler said:

5 minute epoxy would work as well.

Thanks! 
My concern with a 2-part epoxy is the frame to attach it to is  VERY small! The risk of me making a mess of it is extremely high! 🤘🥸🤘

Almost ready to close up the “office”! 
boOe4y1.jpg

AIOcd5h.jpg

Note: engine detail will be completely covered except for what can be seen through the screens. 

bSHSudU.jpg

Lastly: detail to the front windscreen as mentioned earlier in the thread. Decided to go with a combination of plastic tube and stretched sprue. Attached with Tamiya liquid cement. 

saYlSs8.jpg

Thanks for looking! 

Weapons….

ATe9rfo.jpg

test fit

0J1di8J.jpg

Rotor head test fittage….

lG0UO69.jpg

Techno tail in progress…

DTZyiQ0.jpg
I found some reference showing this particular configuration of the “disco ball” AND eggbeater on the same a/c! Which saved me from having to reconstruct that part of the tail. (Since the “disco” mount is molded into the original kit!) I was also able to confirm it with the guy I’m building this for as well. 

On a side note…..
Not sure if anybody is finding these updates interesting but I’ll keep posting them just in case. 🤷

Edited by SteveL
2 hours ago, midnightprowler said:

By all means we're interested! 

Cool! Thanks.

It’s been a long time since I’ve shared a build on this site. The views vs comments seem extreme compared to what I remember “back in the day”. (before FB anyway.)

Yes, please keep posting.

Don’t know if it’s Facebook, admins, life or a combination of it all but this helo board has taken a big hit in membership since the good ole days when I would say it was the premiere helo modeling location imho. Master modelers, cottage industry folks and folks who have BTDT in the helos themselves. 

Appreciate the responses. 
With all those views but small # of comments I was thinking either nobody was interested or I was doing things so wrong that nobody wanted to tell me!! 😊

It seems this hobby has changed SO much while I was “away”.
Especially with paint! 

And the lack of hobby shops! 
I just ordered the paint I need to use on this and the prices are ridiculous! I always tried staying with the same line throughout but having a hard time figuring out colors. I found the “helo drab” from AK so bought a couple of additional colors and the gloss for decals and the flat for finish. But the options now for specific things like “landing gear” wash and “aircraft engine” wash, etc. And for like 6$ a bottle! Is this marketing gone amuck? 
Sorry for the rant but I’ve been thinking all this time that I was alone on this build!! 😊

I may have to rant a few more times since my paint order won’t arrive til next week sometime!!!! 😕💩

Yet another reason to reminisce about the “good ole days”.

It pays to shop around and while nice to stay with one shop none seem to have all items or cheapest price. 

AK is great at marketing. 

For many things in this hobby, there is cheaper alternatives as a lot of items are marked up because of branding and smaller size containers. I have seen great looking models made from Rustolem rattle can paint or cheap generic acrylic paint. Does the modeler want to research that or grab an instant handy bottle? No right or wrong answer on how a modeler wants to enjoy the hobby. 

Edited by Tank
6 hours ago, Tank said:

It pays to shop around and while nice to stay with one shop none seem to have all items or cheapest price. 

Sorry Tank but I meant that I like to stay with one brand of paint for a project. Such as AK colors, clears and thinner. Or, Tamiya colors, clears and thinners. 
I’m not as brave as I used to be when I would cross brands or cut everything with lacquer thinner!!