21 hours ago, RichB63 said:

Looks great with the first layers of paint applied!

Rich

Thanks! It's slowly coming together 🙂

8 hours ago, Bendinggrass said:

Beautiful work.

Many thanks Bendinggrass! Always a work in progress for improvement. 

1 hour ago, my favs are F`s said:

Awesome looking! Yeah, lacquer paints love thinning.

Btw, why are these darker sprinkles and unevently painted areas around the rear side of the canopy? Is it an effect (for after the masking) or maybe contaminated paint or so... 

Ah! That is my rather poor and rushed result of spraying on a too thin a layer of primer. I used more PSI and paint for more coverage and some areas were not sprayed as well as I would have liked. Fortunately, I took slightly more care with the main color  - however, there are still microfibers and dust stuck to whatever layer I paint and I dont think I am able to ever completely rid of them unless I sprayed in a clean room. 

I am awestruck by your landing gear detailing. Tiny parts, beautifully done. Soon I hope to tackle some F-35 models, and yours will serve as a great reference build.

ALF

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/16/2023 at 7:45 AM, ALF18 said:

I am awestruck by your landing gear detailing. Tiny parts, beautifully done. Soon I hope to tackle some F-35 models, and yours will serve as a great reference build.

ALF

Many thanks for your kind words.   You’ll love the kit. 

Dear all,

A bit of a late one for me. Been away from my desk. Good news is I got some spray time in and went in and bit the bullet for the main paint job. The grey is the Tamiya recommended mix, and I thought it came out ok. The LP paints were thinned slighted with mrcolor levelling thinner. I’d say 4:1, 3:1 paint to thinner. 

after everything was dry I sprayed on a mrcolor thinned x22 tamiya clear in preparation for the next stage, decals. I expect that wont be an easy task. I’ll keep everyone posted. 
f3FQiDS.jpg

8iyQSBJ.jpg

1RqrgFd.jpg

Here is a test fit picture with the subassemblies put together. Nothing is glued yet. Look’s alright so far. 

More to come, happy modelling everyone!

Konbini

• 1 year later...

Hello all,

Been a long time, time for an update.  Life does get in the way sometimes but with patience and a lot of decals I was able to make some progress.  

I applied the kit RAM decals. This probably took the most time as alignment and subsequent use of decal softeners were important.  After the ram decals, stencils, and markings were applied I sprayed on a layer of Tamiya clear thinned with Mr. Color thinner.  

I opted to go with a deployed ladder. I went with the upgraded Reskit ladder kit. For the ladder door I used Eduard’s PE, as it will remain confidently flat. The Reskit door was slightly warped and resisted correction via boiling water and even gentle heating via candle.

Finally, I weathered (dirtied) the white inner surfaces of the gear bay doors.  

other tidbits:

Wheels are generally completed, in the end I decided to go with the Detail and Wonder version. I used Quinta’s 3d vinyls for the main instrument panel. 

I expect to work on weapons while I weather the aircraft. Thanks for the long wait. 

Any queries/questions certainly welcome. 

Happy Modelling Folks

KonbiniKhjhZ2f.jpeg

fe50ePd.jpeg

MSFMUG5.jpeg

YJEn2dl.jpeg

nY9v8Vw.jpeg

On 3/30/2024 at 7:37 AM, RichB63 said:

Konbini,

Your model looks great! The RAM sections are very convincing…like they were painted on. 👍

Rich

Hello Rich,

Many thanks for the kind words.  Both methods in the end (decals vs painting) take a lot of effort for satisfying results.