Bad Actor: killer5 & theresa09

I have received a PM from a new member for a kit search.  In fact, this is his first PM.  Bad grammar is a clue that this is a potential bad actor.  I have not responded.  I wonder who theresa09 is; also a potential bad actor?  Note: [Based on this other thread on ARC, I have changed the title to Bad Actor.]

Hi, I got a message from theresa09 that he has  Revell #04032 1/144 HH-53C kit for sale. Thought i'm still interested and i got one few days ago, He's local and his a good friend to me, Kindly check on him maybe it's still available.... Here's his Email doggykyle9@gmail.com

Edited by Dutch
  • Dutch changed the title to Bad Actor: killer5 & theresa09

Same stuff over here

Hi, I got a message from theresa09 that he has whirlybird 1/48 mk43 seaking for sale. Thought i'm still interested and i got one few days ago, He's local and his a good friend to me, Kindly check on him maybe it's still available.... Here's his Email doggykyle9@gmail.com

Saying that someone else has the HTF kit that you want, and that you need to contact them at a free email address like gmail is almost 100% chance of being a scammer.  Also, if this “theresa09” was a member here, you could just PM them and not have to email them off board.

I got a referral from killer5 , stating he got an email from "theresa09" for a 1/72 Hasegawa F-16A "Diana Combo" for $50.00. Then added his email is doggykyle9@gmail.com

I don't know if I got took yet, but. same list of characters???

3 hours ago, AFammo said:

I got a referral from killer5 , stating he got an email from "theresa09" for a 1/72 Hasegawa F-16A "Diana Combo" for $50.00. Then added his email is doggykyle9@gmail.com

I don't know if I got took yet, but. same list of characters???

This is the same scam that’s been happening for a while. That email looks pretty suspect.

If I don't receive the kit or my money back. A "Wire Fraud Complaint" will be filed.

Funny doggykyle9@gmail.com, mailing address is on the same road as the police station in Pa.

He has to show ID to cash the money order.