Coffee painting - S-3B Viking tanker

Hi guys, doing another coffee painting.  I'm trying to see what it is that I did on the A-7B that I couldn't replicate anymore.   I seemed to be more relaxed and didn't care much how it turned out yet it came out pretty well.    Maybe it was the brush -- I'm not sure -- I tried to use a smaller brush for better details on the F-14s but things seemed to have taken a turn for the worse.  My control just wasn't there.  Or maybe it's because the more you try to make it look realistic the opposite happens.   I was looking for the brush that I used on the A-7 but I couldn't find it anymore.  Anyway, here's another coffee painting experiment.

img%5D  

Edited by crackerjazz
  • crackerjazz changed the title to Coffee painting - S-3B Viking tanker

Hi Da SWO, thanks!  I'm using instant coffee as my medium.  It saves a trip to the art store : )  A pinch of coffee granules and a little water goes a long way.  Just a few drops If I want it dark.  It stains nicely and you end up with a nice sepia brown "black and white" artwork.   

Edited by crackerjazz
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Gregg!  : )   You get a nice aroma at first, then the smell turns sour for couple weeks as it gasses, I think, which fades away and goes back to the faint coffee smell as it candies.   I'm still looking for a good fixative to seal it off completely, though : )