A few photos of the next project now underway. The Hasegawa 1/48 Hurricane MkIIC has been modified to show as a Canadian MkXIIB used at Boundary Bay, BC by 133 Sqn RCAF.

The shell ejector chutes have been filled in with .040" plastic card, the spare wing leading edge section drilled out for 4 .303 machine guns and the additional 2 guns added outboard of the landing lights. New ejector chutes have yet to be opened up.

Some panel lines have been filled in and others scribed in place.

Kevin sent out his new Prop and engine face as well as the new seat and armour plate. I've also added exhausts and elevators from Ultracast. (If you want fast service and a terrific product, see Ultracast).

Barney

The Hurricane is now ready for the paint booth...if it ever warms up out here in Lotus Land. The fit has been very good and the Ultracast goodies popped right into place. I've filled in the shell ejector ports, added new .303 machinegun ports and rescribed the topside of the wing.

• 2 weeks later...

Between working on the "Alley Cat" and the Hurricane, I've managed a few more bits of progress on both.

The Hurricane, painted and decalled and Oh S#$%...the masking tape pulled away a small piece of the cockpit forward edge...and it has disappeared.

This 12 gun aircraft was a "presentation" aircraft flown on home defence against Fire Balloons, by 133 Sqn RCAF and was based at Boundary Bay, BC.

Can't see the serial Numbers...there weren't any shown because the RCAF ordered all serials over-sprayed for secrecy.