After a week's delay due to a combination of work and a heavy cold over the last week-end.

I used steel nails (cropped and sanded) for the main gear shafts to replace the resin originals, which were too short and well understrength for the job.

Exterior primed (Halfords) but not yet painted medium sea grey.

:cheers:

Darius

Looking great, i really like this build.

But is the interior finished? Only critique i have is that it looks a bit grey, perhaps a little weathering?

As I said, it looks great. Please post more pics!!! Close ups!!!!

Take care mate.

Very nice Darius, building an Airfix kit in 72nd scale but have it on hold (yeah like 3 years). I've been wanting one of these in 48th scale. Until seeing this progress thread on your kit. I didn't know a resin kit even existed. Thanks for sharing your project. I need to get one of these. To refresh you are building a HAs.3, Desert Storm era RN Lynx?

Chuck

Fly Navy

Darius

Looking great so far! How goes the build generally?

MikeJ

Mike

The build is not too bad - the kit is quite "blocky" in assembly, and the parts need some shimming and filling as they go together. Dry fitting will show where this is needed.

That said the resin parts are nicely detailed with very few air bubble "pinholes".

As the kit is all resin - no white metal or photoetch (apart from a vac-formed clear canopy) - some parts do need strengthening with steel pins or wire. These include the main rotor blades, which otherwise butt joint to the rotor hub, and the undercarriage parts as previously mentioned.

The resin takes Halfords acrylic spry primer OK - the first coat looks like it doesn't -- but if you leave it for about 20 minutes all is OK.

;)

Darius

Very nice Darius, building an Airfix kit in 72nd scale but have it on hold (yeah like 3 years). I've been wanting one of these in 48th scale. Until seeing this progress thread on your kit. I didn't know a resin kit even existed. Thanks for sharing your project. I need to get one of these. To refresh you are building a HAs.3, Desert Storm era RN Lynx?

Chuck

Fly Navy

Chuck

I am building a HAS Mk 3 Lynx - looks better to my mind than the ltest HMA Mk 8 with the unttractive "Sea Owl" sensor slapped onto its nose!

I have applied the "BERP" rotor blades so this my make it a post Destert Storm aircraft.

Belcher Bits make several 1:48 kits and conversions:

Belcher Bits 1:48 Kits

Darius