Suggestions for an airbrush?

OBTW Jamie , I know you have a Chez Michael`s House of Crazy Crafts in the GTA,check out thier flyers.Michael`s often has 50% off coupons.You may be able to snag yourself a good deal on a Badger of your choice.

Wow, Paul! That 360 sounds très cool! I will have to take a gander at that whacky discount place known as Mikey's! :worship: Thanks to you and Mike V. for the info. I don't mind one bit using glass jars. If that is the only drawback to this airbrush, I would go for it!

Take care, guys.

J.C.

Thanks for the info all- one clarification, even if the Anthem only has one nozzle option, this is OK for modeling? I would have thought that being able to select a fine tip as with the Crescendo would be better. Just curious. :wave:

J.C.- hope your local Michael's carries the 360, mine only has the 100,150,Anthem and Crescendo....

;) Andrew

Andrew,

A single tip and needle works great for modeling as well as other forms of artwork.

I use an Omni 4000 mostly for modeling and it will spray a 1mm line up to one about 1.5" wide. The Anthem is about the same and is an excellent airbrush.

Mike

I agree with Mike V.The Anthem 155 is a single needle ,easy clean airbrush.Great for very fine lines and wider patterns.

FWIW : I can clean my Badger 150 (stripped down) in 10 -15 minutes. I do this once a month...and I use it every day... :wave:

I just spray lacquer thinner through it after each session .

No Fuss !!

Paul T

Hey All-

Getting a lot out of this thread as I'm kicking around buying a Badger (as mentioned, at the Michael's discount). Can anyone clue me in as to what the significant difference is between the Anthem and the Crescendo? I've checked the site and I can't really see anything besides the handle config. The Crescendo is about $10 more expensive, can't figure out why.

Mr Apollo- what moisture trap / regulator do you have? I have a diaphragm type compressor as well and would like to fit a regulator- but have heard it can't be done :worship:

Cheers all

Andrew

OK, I had a look at it and found a name. It's by a compnay called Taiyo International Corporation.

I couldn't find a picture of it, but I found a picture of the regulator and filter as two seperate pieces. Just put the regulator on top of the filter and you have what mine looks like. There's a pressure gauge built into the regulator.

regulator3ib.jpg

filter1cg.jpg