Inspired by Efrain's mini hornet group build, I decided to break out the hornets that I had already started and cracked the plastic on a couple new Super Bugs.

Here is my current build list, all Hasegawa:

1/48 F/A-18C - VFA-192 CAG Two Bobs

1/72 F/A-18C - Either Two Bobs VFA-94 or I might scale down the low viz VFA-192 decals.

1/72 F/A-18E - VFA-115 Two Bobs

1/72 F/A-18E - VFA-27

1/72 F/A-18F - VFA-154 Kit Decals.

I will be adding more E and F models in the coming weeks.

On to the pics:

hornets_01.jpg

hornets_02.jpg

hornets_03.jpg

hornets_04.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm slowly making some progress on my hornets. I added another 1/72nd C and will probably add another F to the list before I finish. The construction on the 1/48th C is about 80% complete.

Click on the thumbnails for full size pictures:

15-0549356459T.jpg15-0529189842T.jpg15-0528082744T.jpg

15-0529591408T.jpg15-0530271500T.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Green-Meanie - The mat is a result of a couple Tenax incidents. :woot.gif:

Efrain - I've been here for a little while. I recently changed my name from River City. I used your VFA-2 decals on my first Super Hornet.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the compliments. It's actually not too hard working on all these at the same time. You can do things to save time like prime and paint all the landing gear and wheels at the same time. Build all the drop tanks at the same time. I combined all the like sprues to make finding parts easier.

I have the two 1/72nd C's and the 1/48th C all assembled and ready for painting. The three Super Hornets are almost ready for painting. Since these are all the same colors, you can paint two or three planes at a time.

Unfortunately my production has temporally come to a halt. I'm in the process of moving everything is getting packed.

• 2 weeks later...

After getting settled in my house, I finally got down to some modeling. Here are a few updated pictures. I am concentrating on the 3 F/A-18C models for the time being. They have been painted and are ready for decals and weathering.

On to the pics:

1/48 Hasegawa F/A-18C - VFA-192 Two Bobs CAG Bird

F-18C006.jpg

F-18C007.jpg

F-18C008.jpg

F-18C009.jpg

man tim were do you get the time. my 1 of 30 something hornets still sits on the table, i to am in the process of moving. all of my other kits are in boxes. i cant waite to get back to building them. not only that i am waiting for my new desk to arrive and i will have my own little place for my modeling habit. by the way can waite to see the finshed hornets. :nanner::thumbsup: