Go for it regardless if anyone else is building one...Personally I feel that Latin American Air Forces' aircraft tend to be underrepresented anyway. :) :D :D

Can't argue that....they tend to stick out in the mind more! Very rare.

It's funny...they'll post, say, pics of a mexican F-5 they built, and I'll say, "Hey, kewl, I didn't know they flew that...."

Go for it regardless if anyone else is building one...Personally I feel that Latin American Air Forces' aircraft tend to be underrepresented anyway. :)  :D  :D

guys, the Latin Tigers are indeed unique. I thought it will be a shame if no one is planning for one in this GB.

dragon, I am doing some studies on the FACH's F-5. Only came across this source for possible supply of decal. Was wondering whoever is building one, care to share his references and in-progress photos. (I thought an in-flight profile with x4 Python4 config looks really cool.)

Kursad is planning to roll out a FACH F-5? :beer4: I will drop him a mail. Thanks Efrainh.

Go for it regardless if anyone else is building one...Personally I feel that Latin American Air Forces' aircraft tend to be underrepresented anyway. :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :soapbox:

guys, the Latin Tigers are indeed unique. I thought it will be a shame if no one is planning for one in this GB.

dragon, I am doing some studies on the FACH's F-5. Only came across this source for possible supply of decal. Was wondering whoever is building one, care to share his references and in-progress photos. (I thought an in-flight profile with x4 Python4 config looks really cool.)

Kursad is planning to roll out a FACH F-5? :) I will drop him a mail. Thanks Efrainh.

I was planning to build one, and have the kit already. The decals seem to be available in an FCM sheet.

I am still not sure whether I will go ahead with this project or not. New projects keep popping up in my mind, and quite honestly I am not sure if I want to deal with the difficulty of stratchbuilding 4 Python-4 missiles or buying them just for this project.

I really want to see someone build this for the group build, though. I already have two Turkish F-5A's and a Turkish T-38 waiting to be completed, so I probably will give the Chilean Tiger project up before even starting it. However I encourage you to go ahead and do it, the modifications are straightforward.

In fact, two F-5E's that I really want to see in the group build are:

-Chilean modernized F-5E with Pythons

-Saudi RF-5E (with the RF-5A style recce nose, not the Tigereye suite)

I was planning to build one, and have the kit already. The decals seem to be available in an FCM sheet.

I am still not sure whether I will go ahead with this project or not. New projects keep popping up in my mind, and quite honestly I am not sure if I want to deal with the difficulty of stratchbuilding 4 Python-4 missiles or buying them just for this project.

I really want to see someone build this for the group build, though. I already have two Turkish F-5A's and a Turkish T-38 waiting to be completed, so I probably will give the Chilean Tiger project up before even starting it. However I encourage you to go ahead and do it, the modifications are straightforward.

In fact, two F-5E's that I really want to see in the group build are:

-Chilean modernized F-5E with Pythons

-Saudi RF-5E (with the RF-5A style recce nose, not the Tigereye suite)

KursadA, I'm not sure if I have got all the information required for the necessary modifications. Those are only the sensors on the nose area? I've got some references posted by Omega One in 2 previous threads. (Thread 1,Thread 2).

I don't think my project will make it in this GB. Perhaps you can postpone one of the Turkish F-5A and make the Chielan Tiger III project happen :angry: ?

I think the Python4 is a good investment for the FACH F-5. An unique look on non-Israeli platform.

Thanks for the links guys! The FCM looks good and I will go with it.

cheers, :unsure:

Edited by Pumpkin

I'm considering between doing a FAC Tiger III prototype/just after upgrade(Python IIIs and AIM-9Ps) or an RSAF F-5E(Mavericks) with the 'big' tail as I already have the tail mod and IFR probe done. :unsure:

Planning to lower the flaps and hike the nose gear as well. Canopy will be closed with pilot so might not do the full instrument change as it won't be visible. :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys i´m back from the death.....long time i haven´t been able to post anything

Pumpkin there is a resin conversion in 1/72 for the Italeri or airfix kit to make a F-5E Tiger III with all the modifications and antennas you need, it also includes the Pithon III missiles.

Here is the link

AVM MAQUETAS

or in spanish

AVM MAQUETAS SPANISH

you can buy the kits in this website

One thing, the resin conversion does not include the low visibillity (actual paint scheme) decal set , but you can buy it in the same place.

I´m posting pics from this website of a F-5E III kit modified with the resin kit, not mine of course.

IMAG0002.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

12.JPG

:D

Pumpkin there is a resin conversion in 1/72 for the Italeri or airfix kit to make a F-5E Tiger III with all the modifications and antennas you need, it also includes the Pithon III missiles.

Here is the link

AVM MAQUETAS

or in spanish

AVM MAQUETAS SPANISH

you can buy the kits in this website

One thing, the resin conversion does not include the low visibillity (actual paint scheme) decal set , but you can buy it in the same place.

I´m posting pics from this website of a F-5E III kit modified with the resin kit, not mine of course.

:unsure:

Thanks for the info Omega One, (the English version doesn't seem to be working)

Apparently AVM has a wide range of products in 1/72, unfortunately not in 1/48. And pardon me, don't meant to be a critic, but some of the resin parts seem oversized, from where I'm sitting.

Thanks again, good to have you back.

cheers,

Apparently AVM has a wide range of products in 1/72, unfortunately not in 1/48. And pardon me, don't meant to be a critic, but some of the resin parts seem oversized, from where I'm sitting.

Thanks again, good to have you back.

cheers,

Hi Pumpkin:

Thanks for welcome back!! :)

I also noticed that some parts look a little big for the scale, but I really wouldn´t know, I still don´t have one of this conversion sets.

As for the 1/48 stuff, I know they are planning to make the same conversion for this scale, but I don´t have a clue when.

Cheers :cheers: