Decals for F-16 'Wild Child'

Slightly OT, but.........

I was disappointed to see that there's only enough decals (codes, stencils, badges etc) to do one of the 2 jets offered on the Elite sheets. This maybe isn't a deal in regards to the stencils, but the squad badges are harder to come by.

I realize the sheet with the codes, stencils etc is "generic" and supplied with all the Elite sets, with Airframe specific items on a small added sheet. But I would have been happy to pay a bit more and be able to build both jets from one decal set, than have to buy 2 copies of each set just to do this.

Any chance you might be able to talk to them Gordon?

Rant mode off.

M

I robbed the TAC Badges from a Hasegawa F-16 decal sheet for the Gulf War Viper I have going. The only niggle I have run into so far is some of the images were out of register with my set. The rescue arrows and ejection warning triangles were the most noticable. Some of the gray stencils disappeared into the paint when I applied the dull coat, but given the scale (1/72), I don't consider this a big deal.

Other than that, they are nice decals that fill a little niche that was lacking.

Cheers,

I looked into this for doing "Wild Child" and a typical load seemed to be centerline ALQ-119, inboard tanks, middle CBU-87s, either a single directly attached to a pylon or two slant loaded on a TER, no outboard pylons, and wingtip AIM-9Ls. As an alternate to the CBU-87s, a Mk.84 slick could be carried on each middle pylon.

Thanks guys. I answered my own question with a searchy not long after I posted. My next question is: What load outs did the Viper carry during ODS? Especially Wild Child's unit?

... i've also seen picks of the 33rd TFS wth 4 Mk.20 Rockeye's, or 6 Mk.82 AIR, or 4 Mk84 AIR (no fuel tanks)