Beech 17 Staggerwing

I received this in the post yesterday and just couldn't wait. I used the kit decals but painted the model a deep red colour (Halfords Rover Nighfire Red) as I think this aircraft looks best in that colour. Started yestrday at 09.30 and completed it at 15.30 hrs today.

A nice simple kit - the windscreen fit was a bit tricky but apart form that there were no major problems.

:crying:

Darius

You have got to either be the world's worst liar or the world's fastest percision kit builder :rolleyes:

An excellent, sharp-detailed model especially for a weekend project! Nice to see a plastic Staggerwing too!

I also want to add that there's a very nice aura of nonstalga with the subject too!

Edited by Just call me Ray

Darius ,I don`t know how you did it ,but you did it very well.Nice job old chap !!

The Staggerwing has speed and beauty written all over it.No wonder there are still some 200 still flying and on register in the US. Truly a "Classic"

I like the red version you painted yours in, a little better looking the yellow I`ve seen.

Great build......and DIFFERENT :whistle:

cheers;

Paul T

Thanks Guys.

If I had the wherwithal this is the aircraft that I would get - to my mind one of the most beautiful aircraft designs ever. David Gilmour cannot be wrong.

:(

Darius

PS. I enjoyed this build so much I am getting some more.

Edited by Darius