Here is my 1/48 Hasagawa Hellcat that I just finished. I used the Aries detail set for this kit. The Aires set is really quite nice, all the resin parts fit very well. The engine is a beautiful little kit all on its own. I didn’t use all the PE parts that came with the set. Some of these are impossible to use if you ask me. Parts the size of a flee that you have to put multiple bends into and glue together, it would drive a person mad! Over all though I would highly recommend the set. I painted the plane using humbrol enamel as a FAR Mk 1 and weathered with an artist oil wash thinned with turpentine.

Critiques welcome please…

h8.jpg

h7.jpg

h6.jpg

h5.jpg

h4.jpg

h3.jpg

h2.jpg

h1.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Critiques??? :unsure:

Nothing to criticise IMHO.

lovely build, looks like you performed some major surgery to the Hase kit to squeeze the detail sets in. Nicely done!

Nice change to see a FAA bird rather than the USN that is more commonly seen.

Great work, Thanks for sharing.

regards,

Mike.

Thanks, yes there is major surgery involoved with this kit. Once you get past the idea of cutting up a perfectly good kit it is not that bad. The Aires instructions are very clear where to cut, it's just a matter of chain drilling then cleaning the cuts up with a sharp blade and file. It actually doesn't take that long to modify the parts.

Ron

Ron,

A very nice job indeed. Did you have to scribe the panel lines on her? To fit all that resin into her is a job well done. If I had to nit pick a bit, I would say that since the plane was a carrier based plane, I don't think I would have chipped the paint as much, but that is just me. Anyway..well done.

Cheers

Brad

Missed your question. No I didn't have to rescribe anything other than a few touch ups from sanding joints. The kit fits very well, there is absolutely no filler required.

Ron

Hmmm..I could have sworn that this kit had raised panel lines. Did they come out with a new mold by chance? If not, I'll have to pick one up.

Cheers

Brad

I honestly don't know, the last t I built was the 1/32 Hase one and that was many moons ago.

This is the kit I used. It it a nice kit just out of the box. Scribed lines for sure.

Ron

JT34.jpg

Hi Ron,

Opps..I know where I went wrong! You built the 1/48 kit...and I thought it was the 1/32 scale kit. The 1/32 scale kit has raised panel lines. Sorry for the confusion.

Brad

Edited by Brad-M